MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Audio, Security, & Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-25-2006, 01:19 PM   #1
RobsProject84
Stem Boy

Default Is this right?

Ok, I started working on painting my engine pay, passenger side first. Like a jackass I took all but two wires off of my Solenoid and now I cant remember how they go back on to save my like. Can Anybody tell me if this is right? The two unlabeled wires are the ones I did not remove. Thanks in Advance.

1984 LX 5.0 Hatchback w/ T-Tops
Restoration Project

HALFWAY DONE!
RobsProject84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:50 PM   #2
powerband chaser 302
Registered Member

Default Re: Is this right?

Everything looks good except the wire you marked 6al. If by that you mean it goes to your mds igintion box, and its the lead power wire then it goes on the other side of the solenoid, With the red battery cable. Wired as is logic tells me it would run only if you kept turning the key to start. as soon as you let go of the key it would stop. Also if i were you i would replace it before you start driving it all the time. It looks like an old solenoid and you dont want to get stuck in egypt for a $10 dollar part. my $0.02 good luck with the project. Let me know if theres anything else you need. I know those motors as well as the wiring pretty well.
powerband chaser 302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 05:13 PM   #3
RobsProject84
Stem Boy

Default Re: Is this right?

Yes I plan on replaceing the Solenoid and the Posi/Neg/Starter wires. Is there anyway I can test it to see if I have the Solenoid Wired Correctly?, I dont really want to replace my MSD Box lol Yes the 6AL Wire goes to my MSD Ignition Module. Thanks for your help.

Later,...Rob

1984 LX 5.0 Hatchback w/ T-Tops
Restoration Project

HALFWAY DONE!
RobsProject84 is offline   Reply With Quote