MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Audio, Security, & Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-14-2006, 07:08 PM   #1
vaguy02
Registered Member

Default Help with new headunit install

Hey everyone,

I've got a 2000 Mustang convertible with the Mach 460. I got a new headunit, a Pioneer for my car which looks really cool by the way. But every time I turn it on, it makes a pop, and then works fine. I took it up to Circuit City, thinking the headunit was defective, and they said because I have the Mach system, I already have an amp (which I found in the front dash) and they are competeing. And somehow I need to fix this. Any solutions or suggestions? Guides? Anything?

Thanks
Robert
vaguy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:25 AM   #2
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Default Re: Help with new headunit install

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaguy02
Hey everyone,

I've got a 2000 Mustang convertible with the Mach 460. I got a new headunit, a Pioneer for my car which looks really cool by the way. But every time I turn it on, it makes a pop, and then works fine. I took it up to Circuit City, thinking the headunit was defective, and they said because I have the Mach system, I already have an amp (which I found in the front dash) and they are competeing. And somehow I need to fix this. Any solutions or suggestions? Guides? Anything?

Thanks
Robert
I say take it to someone who knows what they are talking about. I would avoid circuit city and best buy (and places of the like) like the plague, especially when it comes to technical questions. I am not sure about the 2000's, but I know in my 01, the amps were in the trunk, mounted under the rear dash.

I am a little confused by what they told you. There is nothing to compete with. The radio is turned on, it sends a signal to the amps, they turn on, and send the signals to the speakers, which put out the music you hear. There is nothing to compete with. The HU drives the amp, which drives the speakers. If you had installed another amp, there wouldnt be any conflicts with the stock amps, because you would basically be bypassing them. What I'm getting at is, you need to take it to a stereo shop, with liscensed technicians that actually know what they are doing, and have them check it out. It may cost you a little bit of money, but they can tell you what is really going on. The guys at CC and BB are just (usually) a bunc of dumbass kids. They may be able to install a stereo, but, as far as troubleshooting at diagnosing goes, I wouldnt bet a buck on em.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:40 PM   #3
bigblockgirl
Registered Member

You might try wiring up a relay to the remote turn on, on the amp.
bigblockgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 09:35 AM   #4
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Why would you do that?
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 09:03 PM   #5
bigblockgirl
Registered Member

Because it delays the remote turn on output causing the factory amp to turn on slightly later allowing the head until internal amp to turn before the factory amp thus elimanting the turn on pop.
bigblockgirl is offline   Reply With Quote