MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Audio, Security, & Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-13-2006, 08:36 PM   #1
Jason2525
Registered Member

Default trunk rattling

I currently have 2 jl 10w3v2's, and a jl 500/1 monoblock amp in a 2003 mustang gt. It is all intalled, and sounds amazing, but the trunk rattles like crazy. Does anyone know what I can do about this. Does dynamat help much? Is it worth the money?
Jason2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 02:34 PM   #2
sjlawr
vlgeideyot

Default Re: trunk rattling

You might want to try putting something behind the licence plate, that helped my car alot. I just used some cheap foam from Wal Mart to isolate it. I have heard that dynamat works wonders for stereo equipment. I used it in my convertible to cut down on the exhaust noise and it worked pretty well, it is expensive though.

USAF
sjlawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:32 AM   #3
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

I has the same problem with my 90 GT. First, I put some foam weather stripping behind the liscense plate, because that was where the majority of the rattling comes from. That took it down a notch, but, it was still there. I finally realized that it was coming from where the spoiler bolted to the car. I had to take the spoiler loose, and put some of the foam weather stripping under it, then bolt it back down. It never rattled again. I would start with the liscense plate, then go from there. My 01 GT was an easy fix with just removing the plastic plate frame, and tightening the liscense plate down pretty tight.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:04 PM   #4
stanger66
dreaming about mustangs

To answer your question Dino-mat works wonders and to add to it add spray foam to the open holes (dead air spaces) before you put it down. You'll noticed a sound difference too when installed(better). I would add to your trunk,doors,roof, side panels(next to rear seat).

ross
stanger66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:04 PM   #5
stanger66
dreaming about mustangs

To answer your question Dino-mat works wonders and to add to it add spray foam to the open holes (dead air spaces) before you put it down. You'll noticed a sound difference too when installed(better). I would add to your trunk,doors,roof, side panels(next to rear seat) add weatherstripping to license plate an spoiler.

ross
Old 05-15-2006, 03:05 PM   #6
stanger66
dreaming about mustangs

To answer your question Dino-mat works wonders and to add to it add spray foam to the open holes (dead air spaces) before you put it down. You'll noticed a sound difference too when installed(better). I would add to your trunk,doors,roof, side panels(next to rear seat) add weatherstripping to license plate and spoiler.

ross