MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Audio, Security, & Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-22-2006, 03:12 AM   #1
drivenrocks
Registered Member

Default Somebody Please Help Me!!!

Ive been wiring car stereos for years,but this problem im having i cant figure out.I have a 2001 mustang with a mach 460 stereo.I replaced the head unit with an aftermarket,plus put in 2 new amps and 2 subs.The system sounds great,but now my car wont start.I have plenty of power,lights,radio everything but when you turn the key to start i get nothing.Ive tried everything i could think of,but im stumped.Is there somekind of wire attatched to the original radio that if its cut,the ignition shuts off?Im stumped on this one,can somebody please help me???
drivenrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 06:31 PM   #2
347strokerstang
Registered Member

Default Re: Somebody Please Help Me!!!

todays vehicles are a pain in the ass. I had a 96 grand cherokee that did the same thing. My question is...did you buy a connector kit? If you didnt then...theres the problem..to fix...go back and put together everything that may have been cut or spliced, so that it looks just like when you disconnected the stock system. Then, go to wal mart or w/e else is handy at the time and pick you up a scosche connecter for your model vehicle for around 5 bucks, make the connection and your problem SHOULD. be fixed. I had a hellofva time tryin to fix it on my jeep, my lights wouldnt work, security sys, dimmer, and gauges were going crazy...when i figured it out...simple fix.
347strokerstang is offline   Reply With Quote