MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Audio, Security, & Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-28-2002, 09:17 PM   #1
sjlawr
vlgeideyot

Question Mach 460

I have a 2001 Mustang with the Mach 460 stereo system. I just added a sub and amp and wanted to replace the factory speakers with aftermarket infinities. I was told that this is impossible because of the amps that are currently in the car. Is that true? Then again I was also told that it is impossible to add a sub to my car. proved that theory wrong. If anyone can offer some assistance i would appreciate it, thanks.
sjlawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 02:57 AM   #2
bgtstang
Registered Member

Red face

whom-ever told you that you couldn't add a sub to the factory mach 460 system isn't very knowledgable in this feild. one option is to add a powered sub (ie. bazooka) mtx and infinity also make units. all you have to do is run a power wire from the battery and a remote turn-on wire (14-16awg) from the fuse box. (close to the hood release) be sure to connect the wire to a "switched" fuse (power when you turn the key) there is a grommet with a bundle of wires in the firewall close to the brakelines (driver side) poke a hole in it with a screwdriver. find the input side of the amps and connect a line level converter if you use an amp that requires rca inputs. *amp kits have everything you need to hook up an amp including fuses witch should be inline no more than a foot from the battery. i hope this helps.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:48 PM   #3
stangowango
Registered Member

Default Re: Mach 460

alright can you PLEASEEE tell me how i can get an amp and a sub into my mach 460 Pllleeaseee, i have a sony xplod 760w and a 12" mtx and i'm dying to have them in my v6 coupe... i've read some stuff on how you can do it but not of it makes me feel comfortable on doing it myself. how did you do it and do you have a detailed and pictured description of how to?? i'm dying to get my system in my car
stangowango is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: