MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Audio, Security, & Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-17-2005, 09:09 PM   #1
rockFORDalltheway
Registered Member

Angry cd rewiring

hey just installed an in-dash monitor where my cd player used to be and ever since i unhooked my cd player i only get half of everything volume, bass, treble, etc........i took the speaker wires going to my cd player and wired them into the ones going to my radio but it had no effect on my volume, bass, treble, etc......what do you guys think????????i have a 1997 mustang coupe v6 if it matters....

Last edited by rockFORDalltheway; 05-18-2005 at 07:19 PM..
rockFORDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 03:59 PM   #2
Jason2525
Registered Member

Default Re: cd rewiring

are you using an amp? maybe your new unit is not as powerful?
Jason2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 07:56 PM   #3
rockFORDalltheway
Registered Member

no thats not it because everything works 100% when my cd player is hooked up, but as soon as you disconnect it the sound and everything else goes down halfway.....i thought about doubling the power to my radio........what do you guys think????????
Old 06-05-2005, 08:05 PM   #4
codybear
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockFORDalltheway
no thats not it because everything works 100% when my cd player is hooked up, but as soon as you disconnect it the sound and everything else goes down halfway.....i thought about doubling the power to my radio........what do you guys think????????
Your deck (unless called for a seprate power supply from the battery ) shouldn't need any more power than what is there already

Does this car have the mach 460 set up? with the radio on top and cd player on the bottom? if so re install the deck where the stereo is, and put the old cd player back in and leave it dissconnected to fill the hole (or go to a for dealer and get the proper blank that goes in the hole) let me know if that makes any sence?
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 08:18 PM   #5
rockFORDalltheway
Registered Member

when you say the deck where the stereo is what do you mean?
Old 06-05-2005, 08:26 PM   #6
codybear
Registered Member

Quote:
I mean your cd player that you want to use is it CD only or is it a Cd/stereo? can it get the radio or only play cd's? after I wrote that I thought it might be possible that you have a cd only player instead of a head unit, also when switching to the radio does the cd player shut off? or is it still on? , is there an external amp. try to be as specific as possible with everything that is involved
Old 06-05-2005, 08:28 PM   #7
codybear
Registered Member

Quote:
Sorry I call head units "decks" I meant to reinstall the cd player you just installed and put it where the factory "deck" is, not where the cd player was.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:35 PM   #8
codybear
Registered Member

And after re reading you original post I see you put in a monitor what this do? is getting its power from the old cd players power supply? if so I bet thats your problem.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:59 PM   #9
rockFORDalltheway
Registered Member

alright i done all that the first time around, but i could not find a power wire that ran to the stock cd player when installing my monitor so i just wired the monitor's power wire to the one going to my stock radio and that works fine.......but when i turn my lights on the monitor doesn't work........the monitor is hooked up to a ps2 and i have a 97 mustang v6 coupe........when i first got the car i put a system in it and it plays fine with my stock system..........maybe i need to locate the power wire for cd player and hook the monitor up right????if you think thats correct, do you know which color wire that would be for the power wire??????thats about as specific as i can get........
Old 06-06-2005, 09:20 PM   #10
codybear
Registered Member

I posted a schematic of the wiring diagram for the mach 460 (just click my username and then click on find all post or attachments).. Is the Monitor shutting off when you switch back to the radio? Does this monitor play cd's and radio? or is it just a video monitor? does it go thru the speakers at all? I am just thinking your trying to run 2 different things at once to the same thing thats all?
Old 06-06-2005, 09:21 PM   #11
codybear
Registered Member

I would power it up seprate with its own juice but if your running it thru the speakers I don't think its going to help the problem
Old 06-06-2005, 09:54 PM   #12
rockFORDalltheway
Registered Member

hey i couldn't quite find the wiring schematic...........i will probably just hook the monitor up seperate but i want to figure out some way to get full sound to my radio as if the monitor wasn't even there.......this is what i think, when you put a cd in the stock cd player the radio would change to cd mode so maybe there is a wire that went from my radio to my stock cd player and it only allowed power to run through it when a cd was put into the stock cd player, and if i find that wire and hook it up to my monitor as the power wire then everything would work 100%.......what do you think?????
Old 06-07-2005, 07:45 AM   #13
rockFORDalltheway
Registered Member

found the schematic but i can't understand it.................
Old 06-07-2005, 01:17 PM   #14
rockFORDalltheway
Registered Member

if you can just tell me what color the power wire for the seperate cd player is it would be greatly appreciated.........
Old 06-07-2005, 09:44 PM   #15
codybear
Registered Member

I haven't delt with them much so I am not 100% on the color you could call your local stereo shop, or get the connectors for your stereo at schucks or walmart... try this
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SSwithCD.pdf (55.0 KB, 14 views)