MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Audio, Security, & Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-14-2005, 09:56 PM   #1
Gina
Registered Member

Exclamation New Car, New Stereo, Lots of Questions!

Hey guys...I've just begun building a new system for my new Mustang, and I've come across a few problems and questions that I thought maybe you could help me with! Here we go...1999 Mustang GT (I believe it has the "Premium" system, I know it's not the Mach).

Where is the external amp located? Do I NEED to bypass it? Do I need to run new speaker wires? My new HU works fine after I remembered to hook up the amp turn-on wires. =)

New speakers: How do I get the front door panels off?? Also, is there some sort of adapter to use with my aftermarket speakers so that they can just plug in with the stock plug? Or do I need to cut the stock plug off and cramp on the attacher things? If I need to cut, what are the color codes so I know which wire is pos and neg?

Lastly, do you have any tricks for getting the lower stock CD player out w/o having the U Tool? I got the top Cassette player out with some small screwdrivers, but the lower deck has less leverage and I can't get the tabs pushed in. Any tips?

Thanks!
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote