MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2001, 06:22 PM   #1
bluemustang
Registered Member

Post Car Breaking / Legal Advice

Well guys, I come to you to get some good advice. What happened is that on Thanksgiving day my car got broken into and lets just say its pretty messed up.

Damages are: $1500. audio system stolen, $100. worth of CD's stolen, my passanger side window smashed, my passanger side seat was forced forward, the back seats (since they fold down) were both forced down - now there loose, and of course my passanger side door tint is gone, scratches all over the car and weather stripping top and bottom destroyed.

The problem is this; When I called the cops down to report this they refused to come down and had some secretary call me back and ask what happened! So, I called back later and demanded an answer as to why the police didn't come down like as they are supposed to since you know that's there job and all. The answer given was "oh well, it wasn't my shift so what do you want me to do about it".

The point is that I want to sue the city/police Department for the book value of my car - or for damages.

Do you think that's a wise decision?
BTW - My neighbor's system was stolen the same day. I just don't want this going to where the people who took my system and the police get away with it.
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote