MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-21-2000, 08:09 PM   #1
jbs99gt
Registered Member

Question Headlight Problem

I need some help. The headlights in my 96 GT are very bright. It's so bad that I get "brighted" by other drivers any time that I drive at night. From the looks of things, the lights are stock. Is there anything I can do about this? A friend of mine said this was a common problem and a dealer could help out. I was thinking along the lines of headlight blackouts. I'd appreciate any ideas.

Thanks,
Josh
jbs99gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2000, 02:38 AM   #2
cobrayankee
Registered Member

Headlight covers will help with two things, dimming your headlights and getting a ticket (depending on where you are). Personally I think they look tacky on the newer model mustangs, but that is your choice. I would go with the dealer. See what they can do for you. Good luck!

------------------
1997 Cobra (Black on black), C+L 80mm MAF, K+N filter, Pro 5.0 shifter, BBK Springs, Taylor Wires, 2 Chamber Flows, ASP Pulleys, BBK off road H pipe.
cobrayankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2000, 11:52 AM   #3
95GTS
Git jiggy

Cool

It's a Ford thing. They have bright headlights on most of their cars. I guess if you wanted to you could adjust them and drop the beam down a little bit. I get it in mine every once in a while. I wouldn't worry about it. I just bright them right back with pulling on the passing beams so to have the highs and lows on at the same time. When I had my f150 4x4 I got it alot. whenever they'd bright me I'd just hit the brights and the KC floodlights on top. I had a semitruck do that to me on the highway once when I was in my truck so I flipped on all of my lights and could tell the color of his interior from about a city block distance away.

------------------
1996 Mustang GTS
95GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2000, 05:50 PM   #4
jbs99gt
Registered Member

Thanks for the replies. I tried the black-outs, but they were way too dark at night. I ended up adjusting the beams a little bit down. This has seemed to help the problem.

Thanks again!
jbs99gt is offline   Reply With Quote