MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Audio, Security, & Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-25-2005, 06:52 PM   #1
carpenn
Registered Member

Default 2000 mustang wiring problem

I'm trying to hook up my new system, and i ran into a problem with the harness i was sold. It supoprted the power/dimmer/ground/etc connector just fine, but there is also 2 other connections that went onto the factory deck that are not supported on the second connector given in the aftermarket hardness adapter. So, i dedided to chop off the connector that ran to the speakers in the car, low and behold there are 8 wires, all different colors and not matching or labeled at all inside the larger cable. How am i supposed to tell which is which? I have no clue how to tell which is the positive and negative for each speaker. Any insight would be immensely appreciated, thanks!
carpenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 11:10 PM   #2
Meotchh
Registered Member

Default Re: 2000 mustang wiring problem

Radio 12v= lt. green/purple positive radio harness
Radio Ground= black negative radio harness
Radio Ignition= black/pink positive radio harness
Radio Illumination= lt. blue/red (dimmer) positive radio harness
Factory Amp Turn-on= dk. blue positive radio harness
Power Antenna= orange/lt. blue positive radio harness
LF Speaker= org/lt. grn positive, lt. blue/wht negative radio harness or amplifier
RF Speaker= wht/lt. grn positive, green/orange negative radio harness or amplifier
LR Speaker= gray/lt. blue positive, tan/yellow negative radio harness or amplifier
RR Speaker= orange/red positive, brown/pink negative radio harness or amplifier

That should help. Sounds like you purchased the wrong harness adaptor. But since you started with the cutting go ahead & splice em.

BTW in case you have not noticed, the factory amplifier should be below the stock radio.

Meotchh

Last edited by Meotchh; 07-22-2005 at 11:12 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Meotchh is offline   Reply With Quote