MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Audio, Security, & Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-27-2005, 09:04 AM   #1
beerman78
Registered Member

Default 03 GT Stereo install

I have an 03 GT coupe with the 460 audio. I want to install an aftermarket Alpine deck and an amplified sub for the trunk. I replaced the front speakers already and dont know if I am going to touch the rears, but all I am looking for is a crisper sound with some bass from the rear(trunk). CAn someone help me out in what I need to do. Thanks
beerman78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 10:19 PM   #2
codybear
Registered Member

Default Re: 03 GT Stereo install

you need to either run the highs off there own amp (which will make it sound better) or off the deck power (which isn't going to sound any better) cause you can't run the after market deck thru the mach amps (unless some other asshole know how not mentioning names) You should take the upper unit out, buy a wiring harness for the conversion you will not need an instal kit your alpine will fit snug in that space and either take out the bottom cd player, or leave it in. if you take it out you can get the kit from ford to put in the place of the bottom unit cd player other wise it can stay. I left mine in and it doesn't look to bad its just a non funtional cd player
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote