MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Audio, Security, & Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-01-2006, 01:20 PM   #1
hbomb
Registered Member

Default some wiring issues

I bought a painless wiring harness for my 88' gt mustang. I've come to the part on wiring up the fuel pump and the ignition switch. I looked under the back of the car between the rear ground effect and the gas tank and I found a wire. Is this the power line for the pump? And if so, how do I connect the single wire that the wiring harness has for the fuel pump to the current plugs?

I'm also confused about the ignition switch. The wiring harness has two wires for the ignition switch, one red and the other light green. Where exactly is the ignition wire located? And is it one wire or two? If it's one, what do I do with the other wire in the wiring harness? Big thanks for those you can answer these. I'm almost finished with this wiring mess.
hbomb is offline   Reply With Quote