MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-27-2001, 12:54 AM   #1
1BadMoFo5.0

Post I Justed Wanted To Vent

Well I have a problem and wanted to know what you guys think. Becuase car freaks usually have the best ideas on life I think, espically when they reply to everything in life to something car related. Anyway, I wanted to know wheather I should tell this girl I have known for a very long time and have been great friends with, that I am in love with her. But she has a boyfriend (for the last 6 months) but he is moving to Florida from North Carolina. But she is staying here; living near where I am going to school at. Or should I kept my mouth shut and retain our friendship and not put more burdens on her. Anyway I am stuck and have not had any real good advice so any yall have would be appericated.

------------------
Bia Bia!!! 89' 5.0 GT Convertible Mustang and a 69' Mustang Mach 1 Fastback. If you want to know the rest, buy the rights.
AOL name: Woodnutz351
Old 06-27-2001, 01:06 AM   #2
withamc
Registered Member

I wouldn't use the "L" word on her unless you've been going out with her for awhile. Take her out a few times, but if all you hear is "My byfriend this, my boyfriend that" don't waste your time. All you'll end up being is somebody convenient to hang out with until the real thing comes back. Go look for somebody single.

------------------
93 GT, CCM long block, GT40P heads, Crane 2031, 1.7 RR's, Moroso cold air, 73mm Vortech, 65mm TB, Cobra intake, 24# injectors, MSD 6AL, MAC GT40P headers, 2-1/2" BBK H-pipe (w/cats), Flowmasters, 3.55s, B&M Ripper shifter, Black Magic fan
withamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2001, 01:56 AM   #3
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Ah, have no fear, Mercury, The love doctor is here. Now if I'd only follow my own advice, I'd be in great shape.

I know how to snag them and reel them in though. Heres what you do, start off easy, just hang out with her. Help her through the ruff times of her boyfriend moving. If she gets depressed, or down, or seems like she is, recommened that you guys go out.

Not some place like a club, or bar, not anyplace where there are distractions (ie..other guys). Some place where you both can have fun, be alittle goofy. Humor has always worked for me.

Give things about a month, sometimes longer. If you all seem to get closer, go for it, if she just blabs about her boyfriend, or some other guy, dont get mixed up and get your feelings hurt.

If your going to tell her you love her, do it when and where its least expected. A romantic Dinner is nice in the movies, but things rarely work out that way in real life, its way to obviuos to work.

Do it where there are few distractions. In the cover of night.

Trust me, you'll be able to tell if she feels the same way before you even say anything. I cant explain the feeling, but you'll know, I know this sounds cliche, but theres just something about the way people look at you that gives what there thinking, or how they feel away. Honest.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2001, 03:54 AM   #4
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Mercury took everything I was going to say. Just look into her eyes they will tell u everything. Also don't wait on her dude there are lots of women in this world that don't have a boyfreind.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2001, 11:20 AM   #5
Lunchmeat
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 69fastback:
don't wait on her dude there are lots of women in this world that don't have a boyfreind.
Lots of good advise.
If you really want to win her over treat her like dog crap. She'll come clawing. (kidding)
Do as Mercury says and start out by just hanging out. If it looks like you'll be wasting your time - move on. You don't want to ruin your chances with someone else because your too busy being her personal dumpster every time she has a tiff with her man.
Lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2001, 02:25 PM   #6
1BadMoFo5.0

See I dated her for about 6 months about 3 years ago. There has always been some "friction" between us. I see her a lot and o things with her a lot to. But thanks for the advice.

------------------
Bia Bia!!! 89' 5.0 GT Convertible Mustang and a 69' Mustang Mach 1 Fastback. If you want to know the rest, buy the rights.
AOL name: Woodnutz351
Old 06-27-2001, 04:11 PM   #7
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Just start hanging out with her alot, long term relationships don't work and and we all know that. You'll be able to tell if she likes you or not. I'd hold off on the "I love you" thing untill you know that she likes you. But if it doesn't work out with her, get some nitrous and do a big burnout!
=P

------------------
3:55's,BBK Off-Road H-pipe,BBK jet-hot coated equal length shorty headers,BBK 70mm Throttle Body,BBK adjustable clutch quadrant,C & L 76mm Mass air meter,Cobra R's 17x9 w/ 245's,Trick Flow Intake,Flowmaster Force II exhaust system, Super Duty T5,Centerforce II Clutch,Heavy Duty Radiator,9mm Ford racing plug wires,Accel cap and Rotor

http://www.geocities.com/i8urvpr/JM.html?987369348700
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 01:17 AM   #8
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Quote:
Originally posted by 1BAD89:
But if it doesn't work out with her, get some nitrous and do a big burnout!
=P

Thats better anyways. Well I'm a speed Freak/Racing fanatic. Maybe just a Freak.

When ever I have girl problems, Driving one of my Stangs always makes me feel a hell of alot better.

Old 06-28-2001, 01:36 AM   #9
smokedchevy
Registered Member

How ya feelin Bad Mo Fo? I'm 23 and have had my share of heartache with girls. All I can say is that if she felt the same way as you, you would have been together already. I know it sounds mean and harsh, but when you're in love you don't see straight. How long have you known her? And how old are you guys? You can tell her, but if she doesn't feel the same it might be awkward. If you guys are really close friends, it would probably be o.k. to tell her. If you're acquantainces, I'd hold it in. I need more detail man. How do you know her? What do you guys do together? What's she like? Does she party? I'm going to assume you guys are between 19-21. Forget the other boyfriend, six months is nothing. He'll be a memory in a couple of weeks. Give us a little more info and we'll try to give you a realistic view. Also, what was the friction?

------------------
92 GT, 4:10 gears, centerforce clutch, 6# powerdyne blower, bbk h-pipe, flowmasters
smokedchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 08:16 AM   #10
Rocket 99GT
Registered Member

This is what you got to do; 1.. take her out to happy hour 2..when she is not looking pour some spanish-fly into her drink (no too much, you don't want her do do everyone in the bar) 3..take her to your apartment and "pork the hell" out of her.
Rocket 99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 03:17 PM   #11
1BadMoFo5.0

Ok here is the story. We have known each other since 5th grade. We have been extremely close since then. She is the only person I talk to from highschool since we got out and vise verse. She is also the only person I talk to about all my problems no matter what they are. And she does the same with me. We go out and eat, drink occasionaly, go to the movies, walk in the park, go camping, you name it we do it. I have only ever kissed her and nothing else. She has the same outlook on life as I do, and she nevers puts me down. If you need to know anything else just ask.
Old 06-29-2001, 02:29 AM   #12
smokedchevy
Registered Member

Damn boy! You guys are really good friends. How old are you and she? How many relationships has she had since she's known you? You said there was friction between you two, what was that? How did she react after you guys kissed? How old were you when you kissed? Sorry about all the questions, I'm trying to get an accurate account of the situation. To me it seems if she was into you, you guys would be together. But, you never know. Just need a little more info.
Old 06-29-2001, 02:34 AM   #13
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Dont be a girlfriend stealer. There are plenty of single girls. And if shes unhappy with him then she'll break up and you can go for her.

Skyler

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
TFS TW Heads, E-303, Edelbrock intake, 70mm TB, 73mm MAF, 24lb injectors, 1 5/8 shorties, Off Road H, 3 Chamber flows, Jaz Race seats, Back seat removed, sub-frames, Roll Cage, and a 80 shot of N20.
12.55@107 Motor
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 03:14 AM   #14
84stangLX

I have to agree with smokedchevy, it sounds like your going to be "just friends" and she may not want to "ruin the friendship", but you might as well let her know what you feel. Don't necessarily use the word "love" because girls tend to get squeemish around that word unless they're using it. A decent thing to do also is to wait untill she breaks up with this guy at least. Just remember she may not have the same feelings as you.

------------------
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
My car
Old 06-29-2001, 12:33 PM   #15
Capri306

Absolutely stay away from the L word. Burned me a couple times even though it was true. If things take off you'll know when to tell her that.

Another thing: if you've been thrown into that friend category you can toss any hopes of getting into the sack right out the *******' window. Once you're a "friend" it's damn-near impossible to get into the "potential Uck-buddy" category.

I see where you're coming from, though. If you two have known each other for so long it's kind of awkward to ask her out...but that could be a stepping stone around her current boyfriend. So is she "in love" with this other dude or what? This'll make or break your chances and also modify how you can go about getting her to be your girl. I think you need to play it cool if you're going to win her over. She's going to get lonely (THIS IS A SURE THING), which will be more of a burden than anything on her. Don't push, just be around to talk with and know when to leave. Pushing will just make it blatently obvious what you're trying to do, then you'll lose a good friend.

Mercury had a bunch of great pointers. Remember I said pushing will make it blatently obvious? Same thing with the way you look at her and your whole body language. Women see right through it somehow. I wouldn't go over with expectations of any kind. Just go equipped with the way you feel but be careful in the way you present it. Again as most here have said, listen to what she says and WHEN she says it. Know what I mean?

If she starts talking about the boyfriend, don't flip out. Just act interested for a second. Be like, "oh really?" You might wanna bring up some old memories of school together if it goes that direction. Good luck man. Hope things go your way.

------------------
Capri306, Moderator, The Mustang Works Online
1979 Mercury Capri, 5.0L -- C4 -- 2.73
1987 Mustang LX Notch
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2001, 12:54 AM   #16
1BadMoFo5.0

I believe there is a huge difference in being in love and love someone and also there are different degrees of love you can have for different people. I just wanted her to know that I would do anything for her and for her not to be afraid to talk to me or ask me for anything to help her out. I am 21 and she is also. I know I know: too young for anything serious. Especially with college calling.
Old 07-01-2001, 01:08 AM   #17
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

No, its not to young for anything serouis. Just as long as both people know what they want, and know that they can trust one another.

I know this sounds corny, but its how I feel. Love knows no age, no race, and no boundries set upon it by society.

Unfortunatley, I'm finding out that just loving some one is not enough to hold a relationship together, especially when time is so tight.
Old 07-01-2001, 01:59 AM   #18
smokedchevy
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Yo Bad MO FO, you just said the perfect thing. "I just wanted her to know that I would do anything for her and for her not to be afraid to talk to me or ask me for anything to help her out." That's it! That's the line. If you tell her this, you'll get your point across and she'll know. Don't use the L word. Chicks need space. Tell her that when you two are alone together, then move the subject along. Then she'll know you care about her and you're there if she ever wants to get more serious. Until then, have fun and date different people, if you two are meant to be together you will be.