MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Audio, Security, & Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-01-2002, 03:39 AM   #1
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs down Wtf: My Stereo Is Intermittent!

OKAY....WHO THINKS THEY HAVE THE ANSWER????????
For the past 4 months my Mach 460 is intermittent...the Stereo WORKS, the CD playerS WORK(both of them!)...but there is NO SOUND! They are both functioning but I cannot hear anything! Sometimes it will 'pop' on for on driving session, then I will not hear ANYTHING for a week or 2!!!!!
I just spent $60 on a damn CD/stereo(portable) because I can not drive w/ no tunes. I turned the stereo off in my car Sunday,(it was not working anyway) and today, LO AND BEHOLD...it worked all 3 times I got in my car and cranked it up! I dont think its the AMP cuz the units are functioning....just no sound most the time! Anyone else had this problem b4??????????????? What to do?????? make it CHEAP!!!!!!!! TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 03:31 PM   #2
Bad89stang
Registered Member

Default hmmmm....

How do you know that the amps or headunit are working? Just because they power up does not mean that they are working. I would check the amps first.
Old 08-02-2002, 12:46 AM   #3
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs down like this is a big SURPRISE!!!!

YEAH... well, if you can believe it, i have got in and out of my car 6 TIMES TODAY! and the damn thing keeps working! I"m sure its only temporary! How do you check the amp? I went to Car Toys..they were now help. This is NOT something I would EVEN want to attempt on my own. I want to take it to someone who can check it all out QUICKLY AND CHEAPLY! Do you suggest a Ford Dealership(they make me nervous! If they are crooks,) a Stereo Place? or what? Who would ya'll take your Stang to for this problem??????? any suggestions would be much appreciated!!!!! THANKS! TNT

??STUPID QUESTION FOR THE DAY!....Whats a Headunit????

Old 08-02-2002, 01:50 AM   #4
Bad89stang
Registered Member

Default ...

Well, just ask around and find a small shop that has a good reputation for helping out with problems. I know of several here, but League City is a different story. Definitely DO NOT go to a Ford dealer for help. I doubt your car is under warranty and they would charge a fortune for something very simple.

Answer for the day: A headunit is the actual stereo that you do all the messing with when you are driving. Women drivers...
Old 08-02-2002, 08:01 AM   #5
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Talking LOL!

Oh, ok! Hey, I'm about to jump a plane and head out your way! I fly into Love Field at 12:30! hehehe...small world! I'll be curious to see if my stereo is working this morning! Are they gonna televise the Dallas/Houston game there tonight? Its only on the radio here in Houston! Lemme know? Be cool if I can catch it while I am there! TNT

Old 08-02-2002, 01:06 PM   #6
Bad89stang
Registered Member

Default Texans vs. Cowgirls

It won't be televised
Old 08-02-2002, 09:31 PM   #7
LxMustangRacer
Registered Member

If it were me I'd just buy a new deck, if it still didn't work replace the speakers, and if it's still not working I would check the wiring. Trying to keep it cheap I'd check the wiring first, but then (for me)there would be no excuse to replace the stereo
LxMustangRacer is offline   Reply With Quote