MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-07-2000, 10:27 AM   #1
Josh91
Registered Member

Post Body Panel Replacements Etc.

My 91 had a rough life before I got it. I am having some problems with rust. Both fron fenders need replaced and I was wondering where to go for good quality fenders. The Ford originals are $209/ea. Also, the hatch is rusting. Where can I pick up one of these?

My other question is about the Cobra wing and reat bumper cover. I am considering putting these on my ride. How hard is it to fill the holes on a GT hatch? Does the Cobra rear bolt right up?

------------------
91 GT, Built AOD, Art Carr 2400 stall non-lockup converter, solid input shaft, Transgo Shift Kit, Tranny cooler, Moroso Cold Air, Pacesetter off-road H, BBK alum. underdrive pulleys, 2.5" 2-C Flows, 13* timing, 3.73's, for now...
Josh91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2000, 11:37 AM   #2
Rebel79
News Editor

Josh,

Mustangs Unlimited sells fenders, I'm not sure about the price though.

As for the Cobra spoiler, here's what needs to be done. The paint is sanded away from the currently drilled holes. Metal is spot welded to the under side of the hatch, and the sanded smooth on the top of the hatch. Then the hatch is primered and re-pained.

I just had this done on my Cobra when I installed my S-351 spoiler. It cost me around $400 to repaint the decklid, fill the holes, and drill new ones.

As for your rust, get some anti-rust protectant for now and spray it on.

------------------
www.SN95.com & www.burn-rubber.com
1994 Mustang Cobra
308ci, ported heads, Crane 2031 cam, Vortech S-trim 11#, FMS 1 5/8 headers, BBK Offroad H-pipe, 2-chamber flows, and several other goodies.
Rebel Racing. Home of Bay Area Mustangs
Rebel79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2000, 03:20 PM   #3
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Lightbulb

I strongly advise buying the original Ford fenders (and other body parts) when possible.
In my experience the fit and finish is always better and you usually do get what you pay for. Cheap fenders are just that and your Mustang deserves the best, right?
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote