View Single Post
Old 03-13-2002, 08:28 PM   #2
Mustangmom2k
Registered Member

Smile

Well I could write a book on the subject, but I'll try to give you the super-condensed version of Mom's Car Cleaning Tips:

1. Wash, wash, wash. There is no substitute for washing.

2. Get yourself a clay bar and go over the whole car. It will make it feel (and look) like glass, assuming your paint is in good shape.

3. I don't use wax. I use Zaino show car polish. It offers the best shine and protection available, especially on dark cars!

This is from someone who shows her car. Topless in Texas shows her car, too, (far more than I do), and we both enjoy spending the time detailing our cars. If you aren't into that sort of thing, then at least go to your auto store and get Mother's or Meguiars 3-step products, which include a glaze spray that helps maintain the shine between washes. It'll make a difference!

I have far more to say on the matter, but that's a start.
Best ET-13.587 @100.63 Best RT .500 (really!)
------ 234 RWHP 279 RWTQ
GirlsCanToo Oct. Mare of the Month

Son #1 - '87 GT 331 stroker and 03 Cobra Son #2 - '89 LX 5.0 stock notchback and 89 LX hatchback w/lots of goodies
Mustangmom2k is offline   Reply With Quote