View Single Post
Old 03-14-2002, 02:27 AM   #11
The Sandman
Registered Member

Well, you can go to the main Zaino website and click the email link at the bottom to email Sal, the guy who is in charge of the company. Ask him who your nearest distributor is.

You will need the following ' Zainos '

Z1 or ZFX - This is the product that helps to bond the polish to your cars surface. Each product you'd use once every 5-6 coats of polish, or once every 6 months. The difference however IS that Z1 is a product that you apply, and then apply the polishes (Z2/Z5) DIRECTLY on top of it. ZFX is a polish additive that you mix to the Z2/Z5 to lower the cure time (amount of time it takes for the Zaino coat to bond). YOU ONLY NEED ONE OR THE OTHER!!! NOT BOTH!!

Z2 - The high gloss polish. You apply this to get the highest gloss finish to your car. You should always apply this last.

Z5 - The swirl remover. This is a 100% non-abrasive product which eliminates swirls coat by coat. Being that it is non-abrasive, it may take several coats if your car is in worse off condition than a newer car.

Z6 - The high gloss spray. Helps the Zaino to further bond, and brings about the BRIGHTEST glossy shine. Use in between coats.

Z7 - The car wash. It DOES make a difference. That's enough said.

Z18 - Claybar. This is the single most important step in the entire car cleaning process. It gives the polishes the best paint surface to 'work with'. Even if you don't use Zaino, I recommend using a claybar. The purpose of a claybar is to take out visible (as well as microscopic) particles/contaminents that are embedded in your paint from numerous things. Chemicals in the air, brake dust, rail dust, etc. The way you use a claybar is to take a spray bottle and mix it about 75 water/25 Z7 and spray it lightly onto the paint, spray it in small areas at a time. Lightly rub the claybar over the area until you feel it is cleaned. VERY important note too, the claybar takes out things from your paint, so it will get dirty. It needs to be folded or it will begin to scratch your car via rubbing. The best 'tip' I can give you is to use only one side, fold it in half.... = two clean sides! Use one side till it's dirty.....fold in half..... = two clean sides! Etc.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Now...... if you decide to purchase these Zaino prodcuts, let me know and I'll tell you the proper order and give you other hints.

Hope I helped you Ford boys out
Not all us GM'ers are dumb mullets

« Red Firebird »
[ A4 ][ W68 ]

[ Interior Painted Red/Black ][ Wings West Spoiler (Black) ][ Firebat Decals ]
[ (^ How-to For ^) ][ Zaino'ed x 17 ]
[ Mobil 1 ][ Flowmaster 80 ]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
LS1.com Moderator
FirebirdV6.com Moderator
North Bay Mustang Moderator
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote