View Single Post
Old 10-30-2002, 03:59 PM   #1
vetteeatr
Registered Member

Default Cheap Cheap Porting Would it work?

Hey Guys I am about to take off for a technical school located in nashville. Anyway ive opted to also get more indepth performancce oriented traning including porting and polishing and basically everything along those lines.

Unfortunately lets be honest working for someone else will not make you rich and i am gonna have a kid ina few weeks...... so there goes even more of the cash.

Anyway i was thinking i know speed shops and what not charge a hefty price for porting and other machine work.

However chances are the peopel actaully doign the work arent getting paid didlly compared ot he charge.

So lets say I happened to have a flow bench and happened ot know how to port rather well. ( Maybe not the best on earth but up there)

Do you guys think a little side business ont eh side proting and ploishing heads and intakes would float?

I figured i could buy some cheap stock heads for a few diffrent motors for cheap and port and polish them flow them and post the numbers.

I read somewhere on a forum here abotu someone buying a set of ported and polished stock heads for only $200 on ebay whcih sounded like quite a steal to me actaully.
I was thinking about maybe charging about $30 hourly or so for my time in teh poritng and so forth? this is pretty cheap i think?

What do yu guys think of this?

Anyone know where i could pick up a cheap flow bench?

World Windsor Sr.'s, Harland sharpe rockers, 3.73 gears, pulleys, no ac, hurst shifter, 10:1 pistons, BBK full length headers and H-pipe with flows.

Under extensive work for porting and fly cutting to accept my new cam and to match my soon to have systemax intake *DROOL*

Best E.T. 13.20 with edelbrock RPM intake and 70mm TB
vetteeatr is offline   Reply With Quote