MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-11-2004, 10:16 PM   #1
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Default Cleaned my interior

This past weekend I put an ABC Exclusive Styling Bar on my 97 GT Vert. While doing so, I had to completely take out the back seat and the side panels. I always thought I kept my interior clean, but I thought it was just starting to age. What I found out is that even though I vacuum often, pick up junk, and wipe down with armor all wipes and leather wipes, my interior was DIRTY

The door panels and side panels and the top of the console were starting to turn dark in the grain and the seats, even though I use a leather cleaner and conditioner were getting old looking. I grabbed the closest cleaner I could find, some Greased Lightening and started spraying and wiping. I sprayed down the rear seat side panels first, and WOW did they look great, brand new even, so I took it a little farther and sprayed the seats down, and you wouldn't believe the difference, I sprayed and wiped years off my interior. I was afraid I was going to have to wipe down and re-dye the door panels, they were just dirty.

I finished by conditioning the leather and cleaning the carpet with Blue Coral Dri-Clean Upholstery cleaner. The whole interior looks new, even the front seats which see all the duty came out clean. The Styling Bar looks great too, pictures to come as soon it stops raining and I can take some pictures with the top down.

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:25 PM   #2
mustardjohn
Registered Member

Thanks! great idea. I have always thought all the armor all etc does build up. Looks like you have convinced me.. Where's that bottle of Greased Lightening.....

I have some vinyl cleaner but I bet Greased Lightening works better. That is some good stuff.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:01 PM   #3
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Smile

There is a down side to everything, I left it with the top up and the windows up and there is a strong Greased Lightning/Dri-Clean smell. I aired it out today, though, it was a perfect top down day and I drove home from where I was working, about an hour away, with the top down

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 07:16 AM   #4
hunting4bear
Registered Member

Default cleaner

Harold

we use some cleaner at work that is similar to lightening but doesnt leave behind harsh smells we originally used simple green and switched to this stuff. it cleans as good as greased lightening and wipes down with out residue i will get info from work for it and post later. we use this stuff because a large number of items we make are medical equipment manufacturing machines or replacement parts and can have no toxic or oil residue left behind after cleaning. we even use it to clean down the machines we work with and its scary how much it removed for crude even after machines had been cleaned with heavy concentrates of simple green and another cleaner.
this is stuff i plan to use to start and clean down my newest toy the 66 stang i am working on.

Dave

ps it states in info it is useable for plastics leather glass etc so i will keep you posted how it works on 15 years of stoagre crude on the 66.
hunting4bear is offline   Reply With Quote