MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-29-2002, 12:11 AM   #1
Janeofalltrades

Default Convertible top treatment/care

I have a buddy with the honor of owning a 1999 SVT Cobra. Only problem with this lovely car is the convertible top. Is there a protectant or something that I can recommend to him for the top?

I feel compelled to keep this black-on-black beast looking and running good. (I bought a K&N filter for him for Bosses day and I'm still trying to get him to put it in the poor thing!) I can hear this poor thing saying "Can't.....breath......NEED....K&N"...

Any advice on a convertible top treatment would be appreciated....by me and the car! ~Jane~
Old 10-29-2002, 01:36 PM   #2
Harry
Registered Member

Jane,

If you do a search just in this forum for the word "convertible" you will find where this question has been asked several times, and a variety of products have been recommended. As a former convertible owner, I just used armorall on mine and it did a great job. But feel free to see what others have written.

And, you could always go to the local parts store and see what they recommend. I am not sure if there is a cleaner made specifically for convertible tops.

Hope this helps some.

Harry
Old 10-29-2002, 08:37 PM   #3
Janeofalltrades

Default Thanks

Thanks Harry I usually try to search Net and Forums before I ask. Maybe I just checked Net on this one. I must have had a brain fade. Thanks. I'll check it out.

~Jane~
Old 11-03-2002, 01:53 AM   #4
autoX
Registered Member

Jane,
Please don't use Armorall for ANYTHING! There are much better products on the market. 303 is excellent (but expensive!). I also have used the Maguire's vinyl and rubber cleaner and it seems to work pretty well...
Red '90 GT - My Daily Driver (& weekend warrior) w/ Kenny Brown braces & Springs, Koni Yellows, Caster/Camber Plates, Factory Five Control arms, Poly Bushings, 3.55 gears, Hurst shifter, Dynomax cat-back, Cervini 2 1/2 cowl. Griggs torque-arm, & panhard bar waiting for installation!
Viper Blue '85 GT Convertible - Subframes, Holley Street Avenger Carb, Polished ROH ZR6, full Autometer Phantom gauges.
autoX is offline   Reply With Quote