MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-11-2000, 10:35 PM   #1
89LXCarb
Registered Member

Post flashy or concervative??

what do you prefer??
a car with a huge hood and mulitple colors with all kinds of grafix or a stock looking color with maybe a small cowl and that's it?

I'm young and young people tend to like flashy over subdle
I have a huge cobra decal on my 4 inch cowl hood and speed stickers all over the rear 1/4 windows to let people know what I've got.
That tends to leave nothing to the imagination but I thing it makes a statement that says you are here to play and are a serious contender
but on the downside it does the the cops attention too
oh well you gotta pay to play

------------------
4 cyl converted to 302
comp cams cam, ported GT 40 heads, Edelbrock intake, holley carb
Turbo coupe rear with 373's
4 inch cowl hood
still in the process of converting
89LXCarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2000, 03:38 AM   #2
cad614

I prefer something in the middle. Give it a nice hood, some ground effects, nice rims, and a good paint job and you'll get my thumbs up. Sometimes it can get a little too flashy, and I'll laugh even if your car is 10 times faster than mine. However, when it looks stock, you'll get respect no matter how fast it is, just not as much attention.
Just my $.02

------------------
'95 GT Convertable
cad614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2000, 07:02 PM   #3
Frogger
Registered Member

Im with cad614..I too prefer somewhere in the middle. I dont think you have to go gung-ho and put all your stickers on. Leave em guessing and under confident. Besides, I feel if ya dress it up alil ( rims, springs, exhaust...} and you run across another racer on the street, he'll know you like to play. I think racers can identify another on the street when you see them. If your into racing or playin on the street then you know what Im talkin about...just my opinion.

----------------------------
2K blown electric green GT
Mustangworks, Girlscantoo "Dec. Mare of the Month"
Frogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2001, 05:21 PM   #4
pro88
Registered Member

I'm one to go with conservative. I've got a daily driver,'79 hatchback, and it looks like a daily driver. Maybe the beat-to-hell look. Don't let a chevy pull next to it though. He'll be embarrassed. I've got a few mods done on it, but it definitely looks like I paid $500.00 for it. Then again, My 88 is the drive only in good weather and occasional drag duty. It sports a dark teal/blue paint, warmed up '69 351W, B&M C-4, 3.73 rear gears. I run 26x10 M/T slicks and it runs 11.80's with the MSD ignition and 2-step. I don't get picked on very much with this car.
pro88 is offline   Reply With Quote