View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 12:21 AM   #12
magician2009
Registered Member

Default Re: Which would you do first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy's stang View Post
I've been dying to get a styling bar for the convertible. It's summertime now and the top is always down, so I wish I had ordered it already.
But I have some areas on my front bumper where lovebugs have ruined the paint. Nothing terrible but if I were to get serious about car shows, I need to take care of it. Since I'm not sure that I really want to do anymore shows, I'm leaning towards the styling bar and procrastinating on the paint job.

Or since the stock market sucks so badly right now, I could be totally irresponsible and cash in some funds and do both! lol
Hi Stacy.

Love your Mustang girl! Great look!!!

Yeah, I know all about the bugs on the front bumper and grill. It's brutal. I think there is a special breed of bugs that only show up when I hit 90+ mph on the highway!
Anyway, most bugs just add a step to my detailing. However, occassionally one manages to make a genuine impact and actually penetrates, and it pisses me off.

The solution, really, is to replace the bumper, at least for competition. Short of that, I had the dealership make me a bottle of computer-matched touch-up paint. The trick there is to add several coats, over the course of several days. It's a short term fix, and looks real good from a few feet away, but the only real solution for competitions, and YOUR car NEEDS to be in competitions, is to replace the bumper.

As for the light bar, I'm looking to get one too. It's a great after-market add that gives you a major profile improvement....instantly!
Good luck.

Scot.

P.S. By the way, my wash/detailing proceedure is rather intense and seriously compulsive. One step is to pre-clean all the trouble spots, all the lower sections, prior to the actual wash. For some this is obvious; for me it was not, lol. But when you do the HARD cleaning up front (after the wet-down), it makes the rest of the process much easier.

Good luck. Show me some more pix of that great Stang!