MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-09-2004, 02:10 AM   #1
RBatson
Registered Member

Red face Engine Knock

Well, I've been putting this post off for quite some time now. I have a problem with the 89. I have about 7k miles on the Keith Craft 331, I blew a head gasket.. don't ask. I had someone fix that, I'm not real good mechanically(short temper). Now the engine has a knock. It doesn't knock when its first started but after its been running a bit and warms up it has a low deep knock I can actually feel in the floorboard. HP seems to be way down as well. The oil pressure starts to act erratic going up and down, mostly down when I come to a stop. I'm fairly convinced its the main bearings and I just bought a cherry picker and car jacks (already have engine stand) to do the project. What does it sound like to you guys? I'm sure once I start getting this thing out I'll be back on here looking for help so... thanks in advance.

Rick
Old 02-09-2004, 05:03 PM   #2
CONVGTMUSTANG
Registered Member

Red face Tough Luck

Unfortunitely Bro, it sounds like to me its your main bearings. Looks like you got some work ahead of you. Good luck!!

1992 Mustang GT Convertible
Rice Hater Member #325
CONVGTMUSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote