MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-25-2001, 02:02 PM   #1
Garreth007
Registered Member

Post Mustang 2001 3.8 Automatic

Hey All. I recently moved to the US from Ireland and for my first car I could not resist buying a Mustang. So I got the 2001 3.8 V6 Automatic.
Checking around the web I have seen a lot of people having a lot of fun doing up their stang. I was wondering what cool options I can put into my mustang and where to find them. I am looking for interior/exterior stuff and is it possible to put NOS on an automatic ???
Thanks all

------------------
What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity
Garreth007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2001, 03:50 PM   #2
LincoConti87
Registered Member

NOS works with the engine so I would think tranny don't matter. I drove an 01 stang V6 with 5 speed and I thought it was great! You should get dual exhaust and maybe gears for fairly simple mods...some people supercharge those things and they really move...good luck!
LincoConti87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2001, 03:56 PM   #3
Garreth007
Registered Member

Thanks Linco,
Can you explain what you mean by gears ? I have seen a lot of people take about them but no real explaination. And what kinda gears and exhausts are the best ?

------------------
What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity
Garreth007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2001, 07:44 PM   #4
LincoConti87
Registered Member

Smile

Well when we say gears we are talking about the rearend....the big round thing with axles connected to it under car. In the rearend are gears. The stock ones are made so that your car gets better gas mileage by letting it cruise at lower rpms...some people switch the gears for numerically higher gears. The different size gears cause the car to rev up quicker and in turn makes the car accelerate faster for a slight loss of gas mileage...an example of this theory would be a bike...your car would have gears like a bike...certain gears are used for going up hills and others for cruising at high speed...lets say your first gear makes it hard to climb hills...so you change the gear to a higher number and it gives you more power to climb the hill,however it also means you can't go as fast in that gear. This may be a kind of hard example but you can look up gears or ask someone about it if you don't understand.

As far as exhaust, most major companies are making a dual exhaust for the new 6 cylinder cars such as flowmaster,dynomax,borla and from what I have heard you can put the rear bumper from a gt on yours so that it has 2 spots for tailpipes and then have the gt exhaust modified to fit yours.
LincoConti87 is offline   Reply With Quote