MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-18-2002, 12:14 PM   #1
XDude
Registered Member

Default How would neon look on a 2002 Mustang GT?

I was thinking about my future muststang (I can do it, I can do it!) and I was thinking, wouldn't it look cool with some neon lights from www.streetglow.com under it?

Do you guys think that'd look cool? I was thinking dark red mustang with red neon lights .
Old 03-19-2002, 07:12 PM   #2
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Default thanks but, no thanks

Personally, I would pass on the neon's. I would rather go fast than look good. Besides, a 2002 Mustang doesn't need to look any better. They look good the way they are. But it's your choice. All I can do is provide my opinion.

Maybe the money for the neon's could go toward some underdrive pulley's...hmm. Or maybe some gears...

It's your choice. If you do get them (neon's) make sure to post a few pics so we can see how it turned out...and Welcome to the Board!

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 09:32 PM   #3
90LxDroptop
Registered Member

Default i'm with stang crazy

I'm with Stang Crazy, I would rather spend my money on something to up the performance. again it's your call. Those 99+ Gt's can't look any better than they already do. unless it's a SVT cobra of course
Old 03-25-2002, 06:25 PM   #4
OnMy3rdStang
Registered Member

I dont like neons on any car UNLESS your in a car show and want to make you car really get attention and not on the streets, its a distraction. I agree with 90LX and StangCrazy, Use your money to make your car faster, not visually loud. Id rather be driving a plain car that can kick a** than one that is all decked out and "looks" fast but is stock. But its your car and you'll be the one driving it I am just giving my opinion.

Suggestion: what would really be neat and not as distracting as running neons is to cut out the "mustang" in the bumper and lightly illuminate or back light the cut out. I saw it done on a Grand Prix and I thoght it looked neat.
Old 03-25-2002, 06:48 PM   #5
XDude
Registered Member

Well I don't race or anything, the GT DEFINATELY has enough power to satisfy me stock, so all that's left is looks, I found some really cool chrome rims, then I saw a car with the neon that looked pretty neat, I'll probly still do the neon and leave the engine stock... Oh, and I'm looking for some cool pin-stripes but with no luck so far .
Old 04-18-2002, 10:43 PM   #6
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

If you want an attention getter take the money and buy a set of mufflers. Flowmasters, MAC (my preference), or DynoMax all have good quality mufflers, and MAC even has a stainless muffler out now. Any of these free flowing mufflers will make your car heard. Check out the sound clip of my stock 5.0L with nothing but exhaust work done:
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 11:05 PM   #7
XDude
Registered Member

I was thinking about that too, how much do they cost for a 2002 GT?
Old 04-18-2002, 11:56 PM   #8
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

You can buy the whole cat-back for $260-$300 I believe which is about what it would cost you to have some neon installed (according to the commercial I heard the other day for a ricer shop).
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 12:13 AM   #9
XDude
Registered Member

Nah, I can get a full under-body neon kit for like $150 and installed pretty cheap by a friend.. I want to do both now, I'm in love with the sound .
Old 04-26-2002, 10:13 AM   #10
wally6761
Registered Member

personally i like my performance to back the looks (neon doesn't look that good anyway) in my opinion.
wally6761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 01:31 AM   #11
92redstang
Registered Member

My mustang is red right now, but I plan on painting it a metallic blue, and im ordering some ground lights, that are blue, I think they would look neat to put on a 2002 'stang, good attention getter.
92redstang is offline   Reply With Quote