MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-30-2002, 07:03 AM   #1
wildneg
Registered Member

Default Interior Kits

Anyone know any sites I can pick up interior kits? Like new flooring, trim for the floors, doors, all the panel peices, etc? I want to redo my interior and I wanted all new black or dark gray. I also want to redo my dash, so, anyone know where to even buy those new? My brother is a Euro freak and he wants to do it all in crushed velvet and I told him know. I want to redo the whole interior myself with all stock parts except the seats. I want to get nice racing seats.

As far as the dash, when I find a place with a new one, my dad does a lot of electrical work for industrial factories. One machines metal and is going to cut out a square in my dash and put in custom gauges for me. It will be a metal strip across with gauages ran across. Should look pretty neat. I'll get you pictures as soon as I purchase all this. This is my huge project! Restoring my mustang I have now which has a very nice body! Just the interior needs some help and I'm going to convert it over to EFI with a new 12 second block. I want it to be a daily driver and very reliable! Maybe even drive it more then my new truck

- Kevin
wildneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 09:00 PM   #2
digital3.3

just painting a few parts in the interior will change the look of the car itself. that idea with the machined metal for the dash board sounds good go for it.
Old 05-05-2002, 12:31 AM   #3
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

Buying a kit is gonna cost a bit! I re-did my whole interior without a kit. It use to be red, now its black and gray, simular to what you said you want to do. I found lots of the parts in junk yards, and had a friend who let me use his parts car. Heres the original and finished product.

NewEngland Auto www.baystategearheads.com
-91 Mustang Coupe, ex 4cyl (sold)
-99 F150, 3" lift, 35" Procomps, Magnaflow exhaust
HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 01:29 AM   #4
92redstang
Registered Member

hey hi flow, what are those buttons for by your 12 volt charger, and whered you get that gear changer boot and handle knob?
92redstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 07:58 AM   #5
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 92redstang
hey hi flow, what are those buttons for by your 12 volt charger, and whered you get that gear changer boot and handle knob?
Aftermarket fog lights, stereo amps, and one's free at the moment for and electric fan i'll eventaully get.

Thats a B&M shifter, its not stock. I use to have a 5-speed leather shifter cover when I had the stock auto shifter, and it looked neat.

Old 05-22-2002, 08:51 AM   #6
92redstang
Registered Member

can you hook me up with a website for the bm shifter and manybe the boot cover, I can find one myself but I wanna add more sites to my list...if you know what I mean. Plus can you give me a link to a site where I can get that button box please? plus for your interior did you jsut use interior spray paint, or a film?
92redstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 07:50 PM   #7
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

I usually get my stuff fromMustangs Unlimited cause its close to me. They have the B&M shifter, and ashtray switch panel. Other places sell them too, for around the same price.

As far as a boot cover, one comes with the B&M shifter, but a Stock 5-speed shifter cover will cost like 80 bucks new, so get one out of a junk yard for cheap if that's what your looking for.

I used vynal interior paint, but not the stuff from the autoparts store. That stuff is junk! It has to be flexible paint, and the pieces being painted must be cleaned! I also used black parts from a donor car so everything was not painted.