MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-29-2002, 07:30 PM   #1
Splinter292
Registered Member

Question Interior Mods

I'm planning on redoing the interior of my 99 mustang by changing the color to certain areas. What would work best, interiror color sprays or going to an upholsterer and having them change what i want? We're talkn the interior of the doors, the dashboard and middle component? Also, is there any books or instruction manuals that tell you how to change the shifter knob, shifter boot, pedals, and steering wheel?
Old 03-29-2002, 07:35 PM   #2
pjc01
Registered Member

shifter knob is easy (manual tranny) - just twist it counter-clockwise and it comes off. that's the first thing i did when i got my stang - took of the stock knob and got a GT leather one
Old 04-01-2002, 12:07 AM   #3
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Talking

ya, shifter knob, boot and pedals were easy. I did them myself... The pedals were kinda a pita cuz the screws were sooooo tiny, and they were hard to get to, but overall, its easy.
If your gonna do your hard parts, you can paint them yourself. MustangMom2K has done her interior parts and they turned out great. She made a lengthy 'how to' list as to step by step to painting interior hard parts...I'm sure she would be more than happy to send it to you....
Good luck...Topless

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 11:44 AM   #4
Mustangmom2k
Registered Member

I painted the door inserts (around the window buttons), the dash bezel around the radio/CD player, the cup holder, the door handle bezel, the defrost vent (just under and along the windshield), and the tiny vents that defrost the side windows. The hardest part of the whole thing is getting the pieces off. They on there pretty good! Painting is super simple!

If you click on the GirlsCanToo link in my sig, you'll find a tech article I wrote explaining how to get the pieces off and also how I painted mine. (I think it's on pg. 3). There are also pics. At the time the article was written, I had only done the door inserts, the cup holder, and the radio bezel. I since added the defrost vents and the door handle bezels. Plus, I painted the radiator shroud; and just last week I got some strut tower caps and painted those, too.

I used DupliColor Mirage color-shifting spray paint (looks like Mystic or Chromalusion). Let me know if you have other questions.
Best ET-13.587 @100.63 Best RT .500 (really!)
------ 234 RWHP 279 RWTQ
GirlsCanToo Oct. Mare of the Month

Son #1 - '87 GT 331 stroker and 03 Cobra Son #2 - '89 LX 5.0 stock notchback and 89 LX hatchback w/lots of goodies
Mustangmom2k is offline   Reply With Quote