MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-21-2001, 12:03 PM   #1
mustang_sally65
Registered Member

Lightbulb Looking for idea's....

I really like the look of two tone interiors and since mine is black I have thought of doing fabric & vinyl together as an option...
My exterior is Vintage Burgandy so I don't know if this is something I can incorporate.
Also I would like to find a wax that gives a "Wet / Glossy" look, any idea's?
I have tried Carnuba wax and now I am trying Turtle wax which is pretty good but maybe I am missing a step.
Would getting a professional polish help with removing some of the "Spider" web look?
I know I have asked alot of questions but I'm taking my baby off the road in a month and would like to get some idea's so I can get things started.
If you have pics or website ideas to look at please forward them along.
Thank-you!!!!
mustang_sally65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2001, 03:54 AM   #2
mustang marty gt

Lightbulb

if you are looking for the best wax for your paint get meguiar's it come's off very easy with a clear coat safe rag & last's pretty good i know i have a black, worst color in the world to keep clean gt but after a good wash job and a long day of waxing , if i wash it again and use a chammy cloth to dry it of it looks like it was just painted , just my opinion see ya.

------------------
Old 09-26-2001, 07:31 AM   #3
cad614

Can't help you with the interior, but I can help you with the wax. I've been really happy with the results I've gotten with Zaino. It's a little bit expensive (not gonna find it at Wal-Mart), but it's the best stuff I've ever used. Visit their homepage at: http://zainobros.com/ and if that dosen't convince you, check out this comparrision test.

Hope that helps you a little, good luck.

------------------
'95 GT Convertable
cad614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2001, 07:44 AM   #4
egiap's 5.0
Registered Member

You need to try Amsoil pro formula car polish. Go to amsoil.com and read about wax and the other fine products we offer.

------------------
Edward VanCura, Amsoil dealer. For information about amsoil synthetic oil and lubes leave me a message. Ask about preffered customer program and buy at dealer cost.
egiap's 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote