MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-24-2002, 01:25 PM   #1
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

Default writing an essey

OK I trying to write a compare and contrast essay that dues next week, and I've come across the infamous writer's block! Does anyone have any good ideas, or topics I could write about? I was thinking of writing about the similarities and differences of the FOX and SN95 style mustang, but and just not sure! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Craig

NewEngland Auto www.baystategearheads.com
-91 Mustang Coupe, ex 4cyl (sold)
-99 F150, 3" lift, 35" Procomps, Magnaflow exhaust
HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 03:24 PM   #2
Ponycar_302
Registered Member

Do a contrat and compare on your idea of the perfect girl as compared to your current girl.

My idea of a perfect woman would start with looks. Many people believe that looks are not important, but unfortunately that is what initially attracts two people. The perfect woman for me would have silken blonde hair, gently cascading over her shoulders and nestling in the small of her back. Her brilliant blue eyes would pierce you to your very soul and grip you in their angelic gaze. Her pouty, crimsion lips would hold everyone's attention as she as she slowly mouths "I love you, Craig." She would have the body of a supermodel, and the graceful finesse of a jungle cat.... Move on to include her personality, how she enjoys the same things as you, and how she would remember to buy a gift for your mothers birthday for you. Now, contrast and compare her to your current girlfriend.

While visiting my uncle in BFE, Lousiana last summer I met my current girlfriend. Most people around those parts considered her to be very attractive. She has this bright orange hair, which is matted and unkempt resembling an unwound spool of copper wire. She has pasty-white skin, and a body resembling Frosty the Snowman-- on a warm day. The thing that will always last in my memory is her face. She has these urine yellow eyes that reflect the liveliness and intelligence of a basset hound. Most of her teeth are chipped and broken off at the gumline. You should see her smile! Oh, God, she has so many freckles. It looks as if she was standing in front of a screen door when someone slung feces at it. *FWAPP*.... Continue on about her poor hygene, surly attitude, etc. Please feel free to use any and/or all of what I've written for your paper. Good luck!

Or you could always go with the Mustang thing.
Old 03-24-2002, 03:31 PM   #3
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Lightbulb Essay

A compare/contrast essay on the Fox-bodied Mustang and the SN95 Mustang would be great, if permissible.

You can find tons of info on the web, especially on the SN95 sites, that compare the two vehicles, making it easier.

I can think of lots of other stuff but it won't help much because I have no clue what the parameters are for the class/project, what you're interested in and what subjects in which you're knowledgable.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 07:19 PM   #4
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

Well the essey can be on anything I choose, any topic. It just has to be the standard 5 paragraph college essey form. Nothen out ragious, its actually a pretty easy class, just getting my brain to work after spring break isn't the easiest thing! Mr 5 0, do you know of any of those sites off hand you mentioned that compare the 2 styles? That would be great and seems to be what Im looking for, Thanks!

Hey Ponycar_302, can you elaborate a little more on your topic, you already have about half an essey written, maybe I could just use yours.....hehe

Old 03-24-2002, 07:51 PM   #5
Ponycar_302
Registered Member

Actually, I think the key to getting a good grade is to keep the reader interested. At least that's the method I applied in college. If your teacher/professor isn't a car guy/girl, I'd avoid the Mustang paper. They will be more apt to pick apart your paper if they consider the material to be dry and boring. Throw him off. Talk about something no one else will. Keep his interest! Avoid current events. Everybody else will be thinking and writing current events. Another trick I learned is to write about THEIR interests. It's a shady trick, but who cares. You want an "A" don't you?

When I was in highschool I had a similar assignment. The class was to write a short essay on your perfect man or woman. It had to be written in class and turned in at the end of the period. Everyone had written about how they wanted a Tom Cruise or a Heather Locklear. Not me. I wrote about how my dream girl was a 300 pound, Jamaican voodoo queen. We lived in a grass hut, etc., etc.. I was the only one to get an "A" on the assignment.

During college I applied these stratigies. I did papers and public speeches on topics such as:
My reenlistment in the military. (I told the story with humor and sarcasm.)
An I D ten T form. (Put it together you get ID10T, or idiot)
The swinging lifestyle
Upgrading a car stereo
The price of freedom (I actually made people cry with that speech.)

You get the idea. Leave the beaten path. Be daring and original. Most importantly, keep the readers interest!

Quote:
Hey Ponycar_302, can you elaborate a little more on your topic, you already have about half an essey written, maybe I could just use yours.....hehe
You can use it all, if you want. I can finish it in about 45 minutes.... for a small fee of course.
Old 03-24-2002, 10:52 PM   #6
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Default One part of getting a good grade...

Is correct spelling....
Quote:
Well the essey
It's essay. Just use a spelling check after you get done writing it. Good luck, and I hope you don't take my reply negative. I make mistakes also. Justin
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 11:01 PM   #7
Ponycar_302
Registered Member

Quote:
One part of getting a good grade...
Quote:
Is correct spelling....
So is the proper use of the elipsis. A 3 dot elipsis (...) is used to denote a break in a quote where some part of the quote has been omitted. A 4 dot elipsis (....) is used to denote an abrupt ending to a sentence.

For example:
"To be...That is the question." - William Shakespere
"I cant stop it! It's...." - Me

Justin, like you I mean no offense. I make more than a few mistakes when I write, I just couldn't resist!
Old 03-25-2002, 12:26 AM   #8
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Default =)..............................................

I use proper grammar, puncuation, etc... when I'm writing an essay.....I was just trying to help him out a bit.... I myself was not writing an essay at the time.... So I think I'm alright..... what do you think...........? I didn't mean it negative at all...not one bit......I just didn't want him to put Essey on the front of his Essay...you know?.......So if I offended him, I................
apologize, I usually don't point out spelling errors on people's post(because it's no big deal, but I felt as if I needed to, since he was getting ready to write an Essay............. sorry again if you took it the wrong way HiFlow5 0.... I made plenty of simple mistakes on papers/essays, it's always good to read over your paper a few times when you get done with it. Again good luck with it..... Signing off........Justin.........
....ha.....ha....ha....
Old 03-25-2002, 07:28 AM   #9
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

If you notice my original statement had the correct spelling of essay, I guess I had just made a dumb mistake. Hey its just a message board, not my final paper. But yeah no offence taken, I am a horriable speller, and I know it! I always use spell check on papers or else i would fail! Anyway thanks for the pointers!

Old 03-25-2002, 10:34 AM   #10
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by Ponycar_302
Actually, I think the key to getting a good grade is to keep the reader interested. At least that's the method I applied in college. If your teacher/professor isn't a car guy/girl, I'd avoid the Mustang paper. They will be more apt to pick apart your paper if they consider the material to be dry and boring. Throw him off. Talk about something no one else will. Keep his interest! Avoid current events. Everybody else will be thinking and writing current events. Another trick I learned is to write about THEIR interests. It's a shady trick, but who cares. You want an "A" don't you?

When I was in highschool I had a similar assignment. The class was to write a short essay on your perfect man or woman. It had to be written in class and turned in at the end of the period. Everyone had written about how they wanted a Tom Cruise or a Heather Locklear. Not me. I wrote about how my dream girl was a 300 pound, Jamaican voodoo queen. We lived in a grass hut, etc., etc.. I was the only one to get an "A" on the assignment.

During college I applied these stratigies. I did papers and public speeches on topics such as:
My reenlistment in the military. (I told the story with humor and sarcasm.)
An I D ten T form. (Put it together you get ID10T, or idiot)
The swinging lifestyle
Upgrading a car stereo
The price of freedom (I actually made people cry with that speech.)

You get the idea. Leave the beaten path. Be daring and original. Most importantly, keep the readers interest!
I'd hate to see what class a paper on swingers was appropiate for LOL (political science???)

Your other topics sound really creative, and I LOVE the bit about the Jamaican voodoo lady! You're right, professors adore originality, especially in large schools where students are prone to becoming indistinguishable amongst each other.

You can do the Mustang paper without sounding boring, just center mostly on power and looks of the car...curved lines vs angular edges, and the feel of driving each car; sensory descriptions of the rush and excitement, etc.

Happy Writing
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 10:35 AM   #11
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Lightbulb Mustang Essay

HiFlow:

Here's a link to sites that have lots of links and a site that does an overview of the Mustang and has some facts and figures you could use, should you want to use the 'Stang as a subject.

http://links.vintage-mustang.com/

http://home.pon.net/hunnicutt/history.htm

There are others of course but hey, you have to do some of the work!
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 03:17 PM   #12
Ponycar_302
Registered Member

Quote:
I use proper grammar, puncuation, etc... when I'm writing an essay.....I was just trying to help him out a bit.... I myself was not writing an essay at the time.... So I think I'm alright..... what do you think...........? I didn't mean it negative at all...not one bit......I just didn't want him to put Essey on the front of his Essay...you know?.......So if I offended him, I................
You weren't listening! The three dot elipsis (...) ....

Quote:
I'd hate to see what class a paper on swingers was appropiate for LOL (political science???)
Actually, it was a speech for a class I had at Penn State.

Here's a topic for you. Compare and contrast attitudes and customs of the teenage generation as opposed to a later generation-- say 40-50 years old. Or political views.

OK, Justin, please don't chastize me for not putting a semi-colon after "you." Also, I know I shouldn't have started a sentence with a conjunction (the word "or"); however, please make note of the double dash. It can be used, and is preferred, in lieu of the four dot elipsis.

This place is so much fun!
Old 03-25-2002, 06:22 PM   #13
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Talking

LOL.
Old 03-25-2002, 10:11 PM   #14
Ponycar_302
Registered Member

LOL. OK, I quit now!
Old 03-25-2002, 11:09 PM   #15
PGkelly
Registered Member

I did a similar essay in the fall, only i compared and contrasted 1000cc V-twin motorcycles and 750cc four-cylinders (for those of you in the know, those are the regulated maximum displacements for World Superbike competition). i like to think i kept it interesting. just throw in lots of humor, and explain everything on it's SIMPLEST terms. or example:

The SN-95 is a horrible fattening of the foxbody. outwardly they look completely different, but internally the only differences between the two are a few new frame peices and crossmembers. naturally, the SN-95 is heavier, in the same way the 1971 mustang was heavier than the previous years (1971 was the shinoda mustang—big, heavy and boatish). The SN-95 built on the Foxbody, but not in a good way. it handled only marginally better because of the foxbody being older and subjected to more wear and tear. with some $50 polyurethane bushings the foxbody is just as good.

or something. maybe compare/contrast the 4.6 to the 5.0? you could turn it into sort of a class conflict too. the venerable 5.0, the performance car of the working man, being replaced by the faceless advancement of technology, taking high-performance out of the realm of your average working stiff and into the hands of some high-dollar technophiles. or something. hell, i don't know. it's your damn essay!

AOL: MCVillain45
PGkelly is offline   Reply With Quote