MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-30-2002, 03:52 AM   #1
98blueoval
Registered Member

Default My int.

What you guys/gals think of my int.?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-106f.jpg (74.7 KB, 120 views)

85 Ram,.30 over 318,hedders,4BBL,duals,3.55 gear,shift kit,sunroof

77 Roadrunner,360,4BBL,hedders,alum. intake,shift kit,duals

86 CRX,Hedder,exhaust,sunroof,AR wheels
98blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 07:15 PM   #2
StellarSaleen
Registered Member

Default nice interior

Nice interior! Did u paint it yourself? Id like to get more info about how to paint interior pieces. Any info is appreciated!
StellarSaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 02:18 PM   #3
98blueoval
Registered Member

Yes I painted it myself..The most important part is for the parts to be clean.........What part of N.C. are you from?

Old 12-03-2002, 09:53 PM   #4
StellarSaleen
Registered Member

Pikeville, NC near Goldsboro. What part are you from? I tried painting the interior door panels in my 94 GT and they came out crummy!
Old 12-03-2002, 11:00 PM   #5
#1 Pony
Registered Member

You already had a white int right? What type of paint did you use to get the metallic shine? I want to do int work, and you're the best job I've seen... can you give me some instructions and tips?
#1 Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 11:41 PM   #6
98blueoval
Registered Member

T he main thing is getting the peices clean...I removed the peices ,wipe them down good with rubbing alchohol....I used I think the duplicolor touch-up spray cans.Use the primer and paint..after cleaning spray with primer,let dry...water sand it with ve"VERY"fine sandpaper then paint..let dry and also get the clear coat for it....They are instructions on the cans.....also after you watersand the peices make sure to clean them again bfore applying anything else...If I cant help any farther let me know...

Old 12-06-2002, 02:36 AM   #7
StellarSaleen
Registered Member

MAN! Your speaking Greek to me! I just removed my pieces myself and cleaned them real good and went to town with a spray I bought at the local parts shop. I tried to keep my coats thin but the results werent good.
Old 12-06-2002, 12:42 PM   #8
5.0 Pony
Registered Member

That looks great. I just did this to my friends 95 stang. Basically what you guys need is:
-Sandpaper-(i used 220-1000) whatever floats your boat
-Good Primer(i used Krylon) Make sure it is sandable!
-Rubbing Alcohol, or An Acid
-Gloss paint (I used krylon)
-Clear Coat (IF YOU WANT IT)
-PATIENCE!!

1.)Remove all of the parts out of the interior that you want to paint.

2.)The first thing i did, was sand, but you may want to clean your parts, with a cleaner or something.

3.)Sand the heck outta it, not too much, but make sure the surface is no longer shiny or smooth.(Used 220 here)

4.)Use your rubbning Alcohol, or acid and wipe it down real good, make sure it dries.

5.)Then apply a light coat of primer. MAKE SURE YOU USE LIGHT COATS! Then lightly sand it, use a tach cloth or a CLEAN rag to remove all dust

6.)Shoot it again with primer, and sand and remove dust. Do this until it is completely covered.

7.) Sand the primer, and make sure that there is no dust on the paint, then shoot a light coat of paint on it.

8.)You can sand inbetween coats of paint if you like, i did.

9.)Continue using light coats, until it is completely covered, MAKE SURE IT IS DRY BETWEEN COATS!! also, dont rush it as it is very easy to run, especially on the door parts and the guage cluster.

10.) YOU CAN STOP HERE< IF YOU WANT. Make sure it is completely dry and then install it again

11.) IF YOU WANT TO APPLY A CLEAR COAT YOU CAN! first, i recommend wet sanding the paint with a find sandpaper. Make sure that you dont sand through to the primer.

12.) Apply the clear coat in fine coats, DO NOT SAND! MAKE SURE IT IS TOTALLY DRY IN BETWEEN COATS. Clear is thinner than paint so it will run a lot easier.

13.) When it is all dry install it and voila!

If you guys have any questions or concerns feel free to ask. Or suggestions for that matter.
-9mm FMS Spark Plug Wires
-Hedmann Headers 2.5" O/R H-Pipe
-Flowmaster 40 series 2.5" Catback
5.0 Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 06:59 PM   #9
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thumbs up

Yeah. Looks good. Has a sort-of European look to it. Well done. Glad you didn't do it red or pink or lime green. The tint of blue you chose compliments the light grey well.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote