MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-15-2001, 12:52 AM   #1
chris91LX
Registered Member

Post Pony rim rehab questions

Tried this in the Windsor forum and got no response so I'll try it again here.

I have some corrosion marks from lead weights that used to be on the wheel and a few scratches here and there, what's the best way, or is there one, to rehab my Ponys? Can I just sand them down and repaint them or do I have to use some special process? Any help will be appreciated....thanks in advance.

------------------
91 LX 5.0
Z t-5, 3:73 gear, Vortech 73mm Mass Air, Accufab 65mm TB, BBK underdrives, Crane HI-6S Ignition, BBK unequal length headers, Bassani x pipe, 2.5" Dynomax Super Turbo cat back, Kenny Brown Super Subs, Factory Five Control Arms, Mac cold air kit and more to come!
chris91LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 10:41 PM   #2
pro88
Registered Member

I'm guessing your rims were painted to begin with from the factory. To really make those rims look good and have a super hard finish is to have them powder-coated. A powder-coating facility should have the same color for your rims. Don't repaint because after a while they'll get marked up and so on. Powder-coating is super hard and you can actually drop a wrench on them and they won't chip. Been there, done that. Longevity is excellent.
pro88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 12:39 AM   #3
chris91LX
Registered Member

Thanks for the response, I forgot all about the post here. How expensive would it be to have my rims powdercoated? Would I be able to fill in the pitting that was the result of the lead weights or are the marks permanent?
chris91LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 10:11 PM   #4
pro88
Registered Member

You'll be really suprized how all the imperfections in your rims will mysteriously disappear. I think you'll be really happy with powder-coating. As for price, I've found all the shops have a different rate. Price them out and take a look at their work before making your final decision.
pro88 is offline   Reply With Quote