MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Appearance & Detailing (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Wheels Help! (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=50248)

Mustang_Madness08 02-11-2008 01:17 AM

Wheels Help!

Hey all -
I seen this board and decided to drop in and register... Looks fairly decent so far... I was just curious about something... I'm looking for some wheels for my 01 Mustang... 18 x 9 front - 18 x 10.5 rear... I'm looking for something like the 03 Cobra wheels but can't seem to find any that are under 2500 for a set... Anyone have any good websites that I can go to where I can find semi-cheap wheels? Thanks for the help. ;)

-Tara

mich_mustang88man 02-24-2008 04:39 PM

Re: Wheels Help!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang_Madness08 (Post 333251)
Hey all -
I seen this board and decided to drop in and register... Looks fairly decent so far... I was just curious about something... I'm looking for some wheels for my 01 Mustang... 18 x 9 front - 18 x 10.5 rear... I'm looking for something like the 03 Cobra wheels but can't seem to find any that are under 2500 for a set... Anyone have any good websites that I can go to where I can find semi-cheap wheels? Thanks for the help. ;)

-Tara

did you try USA AND* CANADA look in fast ford or mod mustang mags there is all kinds of stuff in there if not they have sister sites

mikeh090 03-26-2008 10:26 PM

Quote:

Hey all -

-Tara

I Got my cobra r rims off ebay. They have alot of mustang wheels. If you haven't looked their I suggest you do.

magician2009 05-01-2009 01:10 AM

Quote:

Hey all -

-Tara

Hi Tara.

$2,500 for a set? Where are you shopping girl????

I just upgraded my 2006 GT from factory 17" wheels to 20" General tires and Foose rims, staggerd. The Foose rims get horns beeping and thumbs up every time I take the car on the road.

These rims, pictured in my avatar, are quite high-end. High sheen, flared-five-spoke, chrome, and deep. the entire purchase, including installation, tires, rims, lugnut kit, balance, everything, cost me $2,700. Not cheap, but first class.

18" is nice, but with little change in cost you could easily go up to 20 inches. It makes a huge difference in the overall profile of the vehicle.

As for where to buy, I prefer to have my work done locally, since I'm dealing with real people who back up their service. Any money you may save purchasing online can possibly come back to haunt you if there is a problem. Just a thought.

Best of luck. Rims are the single biggest after-market upgrade you can make to get your car to really pop. Have fun on your adventure.

Scot