MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Appearance & Detailing (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Lenses (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=16014)

Patrick Boetticher 06-12-2000 04:42 PM

Lenses

I just got a Performance Red 95 GT. And it looks great it was very well taken care of exept for the Headlights... they are yellow... how do i get them to be clear again??? i heard Sand paper and wax.. Did not work. Help!!!

Stefan 06-12-2000 09:10 PM

There are actually polishes out there designed for lenses and bezels. I think Mother's has some, it might be Maguiers. Check at your local parts store and I'm sure they can point you in the right direction. Sorry I can't be more specifac - I'll look in my stack of mags, I know there was an article somewhere.

Stefan

------------------
66 Standard coupe
200 inline 6 - Pertronix ignition, Flamethrower Coil, K&N, Clifford Perf. 6 into 2 headers, Holley carb, three row radiator

96 GT Convertible
Splitfire plugs (they were free - don't laugh).
K&N, removed air silencer (more to come)
Next up: 3:73's and side exhaust

cad614 06-13-2000 02:03 AM

I read that article too, unfortunately I can't seem to find it now (spent 20 min looking). It's in one of the newer editions of either MM&FF or 5.0 Mustang. Hope someone can find it.

------------------
'95 GT Convertable

Patrick Boetticher 06-13-2000 10:27 AM

i read the same article you guys did and i save all my magazines but i can t find it. it seems that way with all the things i need to find with my Car. thanks for your help!!!

93pony boy 06-14-2000 08:51 PM

I'm pretty sure I can find the article for you. I just seen it the other day. I've been looking at all my old magazines for ideas on how to paint my car. I'll try to post something later. I have heard good things about Nulite, sold through MPS, I got some at home just havent tried it yet. I got pretty good results with some 1500 wet sanding and then some Mothers polish.

93pony boy 06-15-2000 09:45 PM

I found an article on cleaning the lenses in a Petersen Bodywork and Painting magazine. It had an old 5.0 Mag article. In it they use a five step process to clean up the headlights. They use a variety of cleaners and polishes. They claim they use their own specially designed compounds for this. It was done by Pacific Auto Reconditioning in Irvine, CA.

ponyxpress50 06-15-2000 10:05 PM

test

ponyxpress50 06-15-2000 10:10 PM

I did it on my stang, wetsand it with some 3M paper. I belive I used 1000 grit first rubing it very lighly in a circle with a hose constantly running on the light to keep it moist. Also I taped around the hood and areas close to the lights so I did not sand my paint. (masking tape) Then I steped up to a finer grit, I believe it was 1400. This will etch out very fine scratches and leave a nice dull haze on the light. Dont be alarmed though. Get some metal polish, I used Brasso, and a buffer with a terry cloth on it. Wipe the stuff on first until it hazes up, dont get on paint. Then Press hard with buffer and rub it horizontally across the light. Buff 3 seperate times for a good clear finnish, you will be amazed.

win895.0 06-16-2000 12:28 AM

ITS IN MM&FF MAY 2000 ISSUE. FROM ROUGH TO BUFF IS THE ARTICLE. USE 1600 GRIT SANDPAPER 1ST, WITH WATER OF COURSE. THEN DRY OFF THE LENSES AND USE A BUFFING WHEEL TO SHINE THE UP AND MAKE SMOOTH. THE APPLY NORMAL CAR WAX AND POLISH JUST LIKE THE PAINT. HOPE THIS HELPS

Patrick Boetticher 06-16-2000 10:36 AM

THANK YOU SO MUCH ILL TRY IT TODAY!!!!

mr.saleen 06-21-2000 12:07 PM

EASY WAY..Buy black outs

Patrick Boetticher 06-21-2000 08:39 PM

Nice Fix, black outs.. but they are illigal where i live and they capos are DIC&!!