Thread: a trim
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2002, 10:51 AM   #2
Rebel79
News Editor

I'm sorry to say, but go with the S-trim as many A-trim users do. Expect to see about 5psi or so with a stock A-trim blower. You'll see less boost than a stock motor because your motor is more efficient and flows more air. However the horsepwoer will still be there. With the use of a powerpipe you can bump it to abotu 8psi or so. By changing out the 3.33" pulley you can see as much as 10-12psi, however the A-trim is not meant for 10psi or over and will wear out MUCH sooner than it should. I had an A-trim on my car for a few years and added a powerpipe, seeing 9psi. The A-trim lasted all of 6 months after that, then spun a bearing. I had asked Vortech what I could do to see more boost, like a smaller pulley, but they told me just to have the A-trim upgraded to an S which I did.

If you plan on running more than 5-6psi, then get bigger injectors, and an MSD 6BTM. I know you said you already had a Timing Master, but you didn't say if it was an actual ignition or not cause mine is separate from the 6AL.
Rebel Racing. Home of Bay Area Mustangs
Rebel79 is offline   Reply With Quote