View Single Post
Old 08-09-2003, 07:02 PM   #1
ac97gt
Registered Member

Default steeda triax w/aluminum shift knob

shifts smooth, looks great, but the quality is iffy. as far as the shifter itself goes it seems to be fine. i was happy with the quality and i love the way it shifts, but that steeda aluminum shift knob is pissing me off.... it gets SO hot after the tranny heats up that i literally cannot hold it. around town for short drives its ok, and in town for longer drives it just gets warm, and its not bad when you are on the highway and air is cooling the tranny, but get off the highway and get it in town and forget it, you cant hold it. especially if i get home from work (30mi. highway) then let it sit in the driveway for a half hour and go back out, i cant hold the thing for the rest of the night. i guess aluminum straight from the tranny to knob is stupid. i would have thought steeda would have taken care of this somehow. also, the black rubber on the shifter is beginning to peel after less than 2 weeks! if the knob didnt cost me $40 and look good, i would just put the stock one back on. anyone having similar problems?

oh yeah, after shifting with it for a bit your hand turns completely black, im guessing from the black rubber rubbing off? or maybe it *could* be the aluminum rubbing (i know aluminum tends to turn black when its rubbed, but i think its the rubber). makes me wonder about steedas quality, and its definitely embarassing to have your hand stained black all night after driving your car.

Flowmasters
Bassani X w/cats
Steeda Triax
K&N and Air Intake Silencer Removed
More to come with money!

My Ride
ac97gt is offline   Reply With Quote