View Single Post
Old 04-25-2001, 02:07 AM   #8
Blue88
Registered Member

I picked it up today. It was listed wrong - it's really an '88. Nothing wrong with adding another '88 to the stable. Anyway...

91LXConv - I think convertibles should come from the factory with a roll bar. I don't want to go out like Jayne Mansfield or Jerome Brown. I noticed in your sig that you have a 4-pt. roll bar. Who made it? How is it working out? Did you tie it in with the subframes?

Try Me - I can't drive it hard yet. It's just a 4-banger right now. A seriously underpowered, oil-burning 4-banger. I do have a donor car (wrecked 89 5.0 w/ a T5 and 3.73s) sitting in my garage. "Project Transplant" should be a lot of fun!

GaryDawg - I'm going to avoid the rain for a while. I have a right-angle 2" tear in the top. It was patched but it wasn't a very good job. Also, there's a gap in the molding against the passenger's side window. Believe me, I'll be keeping an eye on the weather channel...

Dark Knight - 13.99 will take a while. I'll be stiffening the chassis before I swap the engine/drivetrain.

rbatson - Is there any type of vinyl protector that you recommend using on the top, or should I just keep it clean? Also, do you know of any good 'small tear' repair kits?

Motorhead302 - A friend of mine has a Jeep Wrangler. He's been caught in the rain without the top on. Believe me - I have the Weather Channel on TurboTune.

------------------
88 LX Convertible. 4 Cyl. for now. Desperately in need of a heart transplant.
88 LX 5.0 Hatch. Mostly stock. Full Griggs in the mail.
Blue88 is offline   Reply With Quote