View Single Post
Old 11-21-2001, 11:54 PM   #7
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Mach 1.

Thanks for the compliments on the hood review.

I did my research. I did not just wake up one morning, look at a few ads in the paper and buy a hood from some weird company. I spent months searching for a 4" cowl induction hood for a '79-82 Mustang and only found 2 places: Motion Performance Parts and Cincinatti Composites. Due to the # of complaints on this site and others about CC, plus PERSONAL bad experience with them, I could not allow myself to buy from them.
I asked MPS did they sell them and they said "No". I called and asked them several diff times and they said, guess what, "No." Moreover, I don't think I trust them that much either, to tell the truth.
Driving to MPS was not an option. Work schedule and other factors did not permit it, plain and simple.

Us '79-82 Mustang guys don't get it as easy as the '87-93 guys, that's just how it goes with aftermarket nowadays, screw it, I've almost come to terms with that.

Also, I opted to shave the hood rather than remove the stops-- my preference, my choice, no damage done.

...BTW, it's kinda funny when people tell me what I "should've/could've" done after the fact, but when I posted (many times) on the hood subject b4 it was bought, little or no one accurately could tell me what I "should've/could've" done.

(if it sounds like I'm pissed at you, I'm not, just letting you know the facts. )
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote