Thread: A Great Wax
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2004, 08:07 PM   #13
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

To clear up any confusion, here's a detailed description of the pic I posted.....

1. I used the products mentioned earlier to polish and wax my car.
2. After waxing, I grabbed the digital camera and walked to the driver side of the car.
3. With camera in hand, I bent down and pointed the camera at the car. The resulting pic is what you see.

Keep in mind, the S100 wax doesn't do it all. You still need a 'cleaner' and a 'polish' before the wax is applied. Wax is only a final 'topper' to the paint. Detailing is just like anything else where "it's all in the prep". You have to get the finish clean and smooth before any wax is applied for the best results hence the need for a cleaning step and then a polishing step. The first two steps from Meguiars (of the 3-step system) should work fine as a cleaner and polish. Then instead of using the thrid step, sub-in the S100 as your topper. I've never tried it but it should work rather well.

John, be sure to report back about the towels you receive from Ranney. BTW, which towels did you go with? I think you'll see his service and quality are unmatched!!!

Also, if anyone hasn't used them before, I highly recommend using a clay bar prior to using any sort of cleaner. The clay bar will leave the paint as smooth as glass and only needs to be used about twice a year (once in the spring for the first detail of the season, and usually once in late summer)

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote