View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 12:51 AM   #6
The_Nightmare_347
Rev. Magus M. Douglas Hockett

Default Re: 5 Lug Conversion For Fox Mustang

Personally when converting the 4 bolt system I had stock on the 89 LX, I went with the 94-95 SN body spindles and bearings from JC Whitney all the way around, allowing for the Bear 14" big brake Pro-Plus sytem (4 piston calipers all the way around). JC Whitney was very helpful as well as the tech people at Baer. The thing is, even if you go this route, you have to get the pattern sheet from the rim manufacturer in order to send that to the co. manufacturing the rims if you are going to use anything over stock size rotors for stopping power. Being you say in your sn you have a 351, I assume, perhaps correctly, you want more stopping power than stock. The other way to go about this is to go with the Cobra Kit by Ford, p/n M-2300-K, which provides far more than enough stopping power for most applications. However, if you have a set up like mine, that is not exactly sufficient, lol. So I had to go with either the 13"ers or 14"ers with multiple piston calipers, albeight the 4 piston set up is a little overkill, by my own admission. Doesn't do too badly in point standings in the shows, and damn well stops on a dime when I hit the red line on the strip. So, really a matter of personal preference, choice, etc. and finances/money each person has available. Best of luck.