MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-12-2005, 12:00 PM   #1
Nova_racer
Registered Member

Default Looking for info for best wax/polish for 06 Musstang GT

After wanting a 69 Boss I finally got the next best thing..
2006 Mustang GT Couple.... 5 speed manual... Premie package...
Dam I love driving this machine! ( My username is from Radio control car racing, 10 scale electric which I do every other weekend )

Now the questions.. The best way to care for my new pride and joy.

Wax and application tool ( buffer/hand/spray and wash ) ?
The rims.... Same as above....
Any helpful hints/tips/etc will be most welcomed!!!!!
Any simple and easy hop-ups?
What to stay away from/not to do/etc...

THX in advance...
Nova_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 08:04 AM   #2
1998Stang
Registered Member

Talking Re: Looking for info for best wax/polish for 06 Musstang GT

First of all, welcome to the Forums!

And congratulations on your new GT! There is so much that you can do that it can stagger you. I suggest not doing anything to your car until you read through some of the mountains of information out there. There is a lot of well-meaning, but inaccurate, information being posted on many Forums and you have to be very careful.

But you can at least enjoy washing your car while it gets broken in!

Check out this link to get started:

http://www.properautocare.com

All best,
Joe
1998 Laser Red V6 manual . . . Kenny Brown suspension, Eibach pro-kit springs, BBK CAI, JBA shorty headers, Magnaflow duals, GT fogs, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.27 gears, Tri-Ax shifter handle, misc UPR and MGW accessories, SS inserts, Redline Goods shift boot
1998Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 07:07 PM   #3
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Default Re: Looking for info for best wax/polish for 06 Musstang GT

Zaino, there is nothing like it! www.zainobros.com. There is no other shine like it. Down side, kind of expensive but worth every penny. I have tried everything out there, switched to Zaino about 3 years ago and I will have none other on my car. I have talked several friends into trying it and they agree!

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 12:48 PM   #4
1998Stang
Registered Member

Cool Re: Looking for info for best wax/polish for 06 Musstang GT

Thanks for that link Harold!

I have tried Meguiar's products: http://www.meguiarsonline.com and I have heard good things about Zaino's.

Both systems are very good, but can be a bit confusing because they each have so many different products. If I'm not mistaken, you can even apply Zaino products in the sun! Is that correct?

All best,
Joe
1998 Laser Red V6 manual . . . Kenny Brown suspension, Eibach pro-kit springs, BBK CAI, JBA shorty headers, Magnaflow duals, GT fogs, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.27 gears, Tri-Ax shifter handle, misc UPR and MGW accessories, SS inserts, Redline Goods shift boot
1998Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 01:13 AM   #5
racerboy88
Registered Member

I've been happy with mother's car care products. Polish, wax, and soap. Use different wash mitt for wheels, top half of car and one for bottom half. The quick detailer helps in between washes. Don't forget to clean your tailpipes too.
I've seen too many cars out there nice and clean, but when you get to the back you see dirty tailpipes.

racerboy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 04:11 PM   #6
I8URVTEC
Registered Member

I use Mother's Charnuba wax on mine. You can buy it in a pack with a clay bar. I used the clay bar once but I don't do it every time I wax. It takes like 3+ hours to claybar the whole car and I just haven't had the time. I was doing the waxing by hand but I just purchased a buffer for the large surfaces such as the roof and hood and I love the shine.

2005 GT
JLT CAI, Bassani cats, x-pipe and axle back, custom SCT tune, deep dish 18" wheels, Nitto 555 tires: 299.1 rwhp / 323.7 rwtq

1991 5.0L LX Notch
Currently restomodding
I8URVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote