MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-02-2005, 06:22 PM   #1
monroegt
Registered Member

Default moisture getting inside car and freezing on back windo

Hey guys I just got my 96 mutang gt like 3 weeks ago when I went to pick it up it was frozen shut on the inside. I thought it was just because we had a realy warm week and then a cold one. So I let it go and put it in the garage but I have noticed that when I am driving and park the car for about a hour or so my rear and left front left rear windows are frosted over. My guess is that i have a case of some bad wheather stripping but i can't find where at it would help a lot if any of you had a good guess at all! thank you very much in advance

monroegt
monroegt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 07:43 PM   #2
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Default Re: moisture getting inside car and freezing on back windo

Sounds like weather stripping to me, but how cold is it where you live? I have never had a problem like that, and my 97 is a Vert and the weatherstripping is not all that great anyway. That is strange...

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 05:39 PM   #3
monroegt
Registered Member

at the time that I was having this problem it was like 3 below 0 but it has not happend in like 3 weeks. I think I found were some weather striping is bad it's right under the left back window. But I have no idea on how to fix this becuz there is a body piece that surrounds it and I do not know how to take it off.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:37 PM   #4
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

OMG, 3 below 0? I don't think it has been below 20 all winter here in East Texas, this past Monday was 82 and I drove home with my top down. That probably only happens at sub zero temps, but I have NO experience with that here. Brrrrr, that's cold.

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 04:03 PM   #5
monroegt
Registered Member

Yeah it was pretty cold up here this winter. But ever since it has started warming up I haven't had the problem so I'm not sure what it might be.