MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-14-2003, 08:46 PM   #1
RoadWarrior
Registered Member

Default Bodywork Questions?

I was wondering if anyone here has attempted to do any bodywork on their cars themselves? I am halfway through doing it and right now im to the point where i have to put in new rear fenders. And what im wondering is if anyone has done this before and how. Ive heard of glueing in body panels but i dont know much if anything about it. I was planning on just welding them in the old fashioned way. How have any of you guys done it.
Old 01-17-2003, 12:21 PM   #2
mustanggt_50
Registered Member

ive done body work on my car myself, im not a proffesional or anything close, but what ive done looks good. all i do is cut out the bad areas, the fit some new metal into it and weld it on, the fix the seam and fill it, thats it, im sure others can help out too, but thats what i can tell ya
87 GT T-roof (needs paint) lol, rebuilt motor and trans, AOD - stage 2 shift kit, 3.73 gears - auburn posi, Dynomax Super Turbo Cat Back, FRPP 155lph fuel pump, K&N filter - air silencer removed, subframe connectors, strut tower brace.

88 GT T-roof

1989 LX Coupe 5.0 - 5spd

Rice Haters Club member#105
mustanggt_50 is offline   Reply With Quote