MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-07-2003, 10:33 AM   #1
stng87
Registered Member

Default work on your car in So. Cal.

I get so angry when I go to do something as small as checking my oil, and some freak comes flying out of their appt. screaming "you cant work on car, you cant work on car"! What do these people do, sit next to their windows and watch for someone to open their hood?!?!
I mean i respect clenliness and all, but how the heck does a person do anything more than jump start a car here in So. Cal. without someone freaking out about some city ordinance to you?
1987 black with t-tops. Cobra intake, 1.7 cobra crane rollers, gt40p's, bbk shorties, off road h-pipe, Holley adj. fuel pressure regulator, Tremec t-5z, 65mm TB, 4.10's, adj cable, 155lph fuel pump, Ram clutch kit, 3 row motorsport radiator,
Chrome cobras17x9 front, 17x10.5 rear, Hurst shifter,Former AOD Semper Fi
stng87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 11:58 AM   #2
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Default Re: work on your car in So. Cal.

Quote:
Originally posted by stng87
I get so angry when I go to do something as small as checking my oil, and some freak comes flying out of their appt. screaming "you cant work on car, you cant work on car"! What do these people do, sit next to their windows and watch for someone to open their hood?!?!
I mean i respect clenliness and all, but how the heck does a person do anything more than jump start a car here in So. Cal. without someone freaking out about some city ordinance to you?
Pour a quart of oil under their car, then yell at them.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 03:03 PM   #3
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

On base they don't want us working on our car too. But when the SP's drive by, I just way from under my hood
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 03:33 PM   #4
The Deuce
Registered Member

Just crawl under there and uncap your headers. When they tell you to stop, leave them open. Then get up at five to drive across the street to fix it since you can't do that there.

He hehe.

Its the apartments, not the people here generally. I'm in a condo and I never catch heat. Where in so Cal are you?

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 04:15 PM   #5
ed1371
Registered Member

I hated that too when I lived there. At least on base there are the auto hobby shops. I am not sure about the Air Force bases but generally, the ones on Marine bases are staffed well, and stocked with just about every tool imaginable. I am going to miss those when I get out.
Old 03-07-2003, 08:17 PM   #6
stng87
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ed1371
I hated that too when I lived there. At least on base there are the auto hobby shops. I am not sure about the Air Force bases but generally, the ones on Marine bases are staffed well, and stocked with just about every tool imaginable. I am going to miss those when I get out.
Semper Fi, devil
1987 black with t-tops. Cobra intake, 1.7 cobra crane rollers, gt40p's, bbk shorties, off road h-pipe, Holley adj. fuel pressure regulator, Tremec t-5z, 65mm TB, 4.10's, adj cable, 155lph fuel pump, Ram clutch kit, 3 row motorsport radiator,
Old 03-07-2003, 10:15 PM   #7
PKRWUD

Default Re: work on your car in So. Cal.

Quote:
Then move.
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 05:59 AM   #8
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Default Re: Re: work on your car in So. Cal.

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
Then move.
hahaha tryin to get people out of so cal huh? Good man

There are way too many people in so cal. I am a Native so i can talk
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 06:19 AM   #9
stng87
Registered Member

Default Re: Re: work on your car in So. Cal.

Quote:
Then move.
Oh yea thats it. thats an educated answer. Good thinking.
Actually I have thought of it but that would mean that id have to bring your b1tch with. You know I just cant leave her, ive grown so fond of her ever since i knocked her teeth out, so much less to worry about getting in the way.
Old 03-08-2003, 10:09 AM   #10
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Quote:
Originally posted by ed1371
Well, we have one too, but it costs money to have your car there, for anything. SO for the simple things, I just do it in the parking lot. PLus ours isn't the best around. They are trying to fix it, but it's been slow going.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
Old 03-08-2003, 12:36 PM   #11
The Deuce
Registered Member

Default Re: Re: Re: work on your car in So. Cal.

Quote:
Oh yea thats it. thats an educated answer. Good thinking.
Actually I have thought of it but that would mean that id have to bring your b1tch with. You know I just cant leave her, ive grown so fond of her ever since i knocked her teeth out, so much less to worry about getting in the way.
Easy man, easy.

First of all, that was a good answer. You can't have a nice clean looking place AND half torn apart cars all over. What makes you think YOU are the only one who should be working on their car there, or who has a problem with it. Try going somewhere there is not rules like we have and see what kind of mess there is.

Second, you have no idea who you were talking to. I'd recomend you aplogize, not only for snapping at him, but disrespecting any of his lady friends. You'd be picking up your teeth, were you foolish enough to say that to him in person.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 01:04 AM   #12
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

i would hope he knows who hes talking to ,hes been here since 2000
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 06:57 AM   #13
PKRWUD

Default Re: Re: Re: work on your car in So. Cal.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce
Second, you have no idea who you were talking to. I'd recomend you aplogize, not only for snapping at him, but disrespecting any of his lady friends. You'd be picking up your teeth, were you foolish enough to say that to him in person.
Mike-
It's cool, Bro, if he wants to look like an idiot, let him. It's a free country.

Quote:
Oh yea thats it. thats an educated answer.
LOL! Well, it was a lot better than your reply.

I'll explain it for you in case it went over your head; if your life is such that you can live in one of the most desirable locations on Earth, yet whine because of the way your neighbors react to you "working" on your car, then the only sensible answer for you to find happiness is for you to move. That would be far easier than getting all of your neighbors to move away so that you can "check your oil" in peace.

If that was still to difficult for you to comprehend, I can get someone to draw pictures for you.
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 03-09-2003, 09:00 AM   #14
stng87
Registered Member

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: work on your car in So. Cal.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce
Easy man, easy.

You'd be picking up your teeth, were you foolish enough to say that to him in person.
willing to bet otherwise
Old 03-09-2003, 09:29 AM   #15
stng87
Registered Member

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: work on your car in So. Cal.

Quote:
Mike-
That would be far easier than getting all of your neighbors to move away so that you can "check your oil" in peace.
If that was still to difficult for you to comprehend, I can get someone to draw pictures for you.
Ok buddy, Im not refering to the rebuilding of an engine here, I mentioned "check oil," nothing more. And it is a legitimate argument to say that anyone who would throw a fit over THAT is expressing way too much paranoia. Oh wait, let me drive to the nearest service station and schedule an appointment for them to check the oil sure hope i dont need to add any...that may involve a fine.

All I was doing was venting frustration at those who lack the common knowledge to know that just because the hood is up it doesnt mean that the vehicle is mortally wounded and gallons of oil are soon to spill forth. And then you had the nerve to make the smart *** comment "THEN MOVE." How does a smart *** coment like that help anything but pisss me off. well then good job buddy, you did it. Then act all shocked that I responded how I did. You want respect, then try showing some. Something an elder should know anyway.

Oh and I know this all may be too difficult for YOU to understand so if you want i can draw you some pictures.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:43 AM   #16
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: work on your car in So. Cal.

Ok, let me make a statement. How about you all shut up now! this is a stupid agrument. I AM including u too Chris. U guys want to ***** about something, then at least make it something like, my cam is better then yours!
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
Old 03-09-2003, 04:44 PM   #17
stng87
Registered Member

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: work on your car in So. Cal.

Quote:
Originally posted by mustangman65_79
Ok, let me make a statement. How about you all shut up now! this is a stupid agrument. I AM including u too Chris. U guys want to ***** about something, then at least make it something like, my cam is better then yours!
Well then...My CAMS BETTER THEN YOURS!
Old 03-11-2003, 03:03 AM   #18
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Oh ya, well, my intake manifold is better, so there
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
Old 03-11-2003, 05:18 AM   #19
PKRWUD

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: work on your car in So. Cal.

Quote:
Ok buddy, Im not refering to the rebuilding of an engine here, I mentioned "check oil," nothing more. And it is a legitimate argument to say that anyone who would throw a fit over THAT is expressing way too much paranoia. Oh wait, let me drive to the nearest service station and schedule an appointment for them to check the oil sure hope i dont need to add any...that may involve a fine.

All I was doing was venting frustration at those who lack the common knowledge to know that just because the hood is up it doesnt mean that the vehicle is mortally wounded and gallons of oil are soon to spill forth.
Well, you also lumped all of Southern California into your little paranoia party. I've lived in So Cal since '78, and can tell you first hand that the type of neighbor you're complaining about is the exception, rather than the rule.

Some people just enjoy whining about things. I personally can't stand the type of person that just bitches and complains no matter what, so I try to offer a simple solution. If I was in your shoes, and felt the way you did, I'd be moving. If you are truly unhappy, then do something about it.
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 03-11-2003, 02:01 PM   #20
LayanRubr
Registered Member

Ok I'm gonna do the wheres waldo thing here and ask why cant you work on your car in So-Cal?
Rice Hater's Club member #20
LayanRubr is offline   Reply With Quote