MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-26-2004, 10:27 PM   #1
1Red99Pony2NV
Registered Member

Default Seat belt retractors

I am new to the board, but I was wondering if anyone has a problem with the seat belt retractors? The front seat belts on my 99 LX don't fully retract automatically; I have to feed them back by hand. Is this a common problem? Does it a remedy other than having to ransom my car at the dealer?
1Red99Pony2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 11:20 PM   #2
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Default Re: Seat belt retractors

Welcome to Mustangworks!

We had a similar problem on our 2002 Coupe. The passenger side belt got twisted in the retractor and it locked up. Luckily, it was still under warranty, they had to replace the entire seat belt assembly because they couldn't unjam it.

Your 99 is probably out of warranty, but check with your Ford dealer to see if there has been any recall on that, if so possibly it can be repaired under warranty anyway. If not, there are plenty of donors lurking in the salvage yards.

Check with www.stangparts.com. They specialize in parting out wrecked Mustangs. Good source for body and interior parts as well as engines/ trannys.

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote