MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-21-2005, 02:32 PM   #1
2001GTPEWTER
Registered Member

Default I Need Some Price Quotes On Rims/Tires for Late Models

I have a 2001 GT, it currently has 17" alloy GT Bullit rims which are awesome..but when the tires on those are worn down, I wanted to keep the rims but get a different set to use. I figured I might as well get a rim/tire package (the ones that are mounted but not balanced and sold as a set)..Listen up, theres a supplier on Ebay Motors that has practically every model rim for late model Mustangs (Chrome, Alloy, 17", 18"..etc.) But hes' charging anywhere from $875 to $1020 for these brand new tires and rims. I'm looking to get a set of 17" Chrome Cobra rims (with the tires mounted) he has them available for $875. Someone just try and give me a hint on whether or not this is a good price, I can't afford to BLOW any money for a while, not with what I just spent getting my Flowmaster and putting it on..
Old 01-23-2005, 01:01 AM   #2
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Default Re: I Need Some Price Quotes On Rims/Tires for Late Models

I bought 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's for $529 on ebay, Chrome rims with tires for $875 should be a steal, if you like the rims, get them before someone else does. I have had several sets of 17" tires, including some BFG's that cost $875 mounted for tires only. The least expensive I have found are Capitals and they were $351 mounted. Add that to the price of my rims, that is $880 total, and the Chrome rims are usually more expensive than polished, so it sounds like a great deal to me.

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote