MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-04-2005, 06:47 PM   #1
2001GTPEWTER
Registered Member

Default Macco

After I install all of the OEM components I spent three arms and two legs on at the end of the month...How much could I expect to pay when I have Macco repaint the entire mineral grey car clearcoat black?...Anyone ever had an entire car repainted?
Old 08-14-2005, 12:15 AM   #2
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Default Re: Macco

Last I heard Maaco charged about $500 for a paint job.

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 01:47 PM   #3
2001GTPEWTER
Registered Member

Default Re: Macco

Thats the 'economy' paint job...what someone would use to repaint a 1962 Volkswagon Beatle screaming yellow...I got the base coat/clear coat job for about $1500. For anyone considering this: It came out beautifully...I got it painted the same mineral grey that it was, but just a few shades darker...with the new body everybody actually thinks my car is a 2004 SVT Cobra, really, it came out THAT nice. The only thing you wanna consider is that they do NOT sand between coats, but unless you're talking about a paint job thats gonna try and win style awards...it'll look just like a factory paint job. I'd put a few pictures up, but I'm bad with uploading and cropping pictures online.