MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-09-2004, 01:45 PM   #1
RickKi1
Registered Member

Default Decent looking function Roll Bar for a 99+ vert??

Who makes a decent looking functional roll bar for a 99+ convertable? I don't want to waste my money on a nice looking light bar that won't be worth a hill of beans if my car ever flips over on me, I had my Ranger truck flipped on me by an old man who tboned me in a parking lot entrance back in 2000, its not a fun feeling believe me, I can not imagine what it would be like in a convertable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cobra rs all around passenger profile 1-31-04.jpg (112.1 KB, 15 views)
www.v8stangs.com tech/super moderator.......99 GT Convertable, Gold chrome, S.S. Bumper lettering, Chrome AFS Cobra Rs 03 Cobra IRS, MM mount bushings, C&L maf, true flow inlet, ported intake plenum by Alameda Racing, Mac 70mm tbody, UD pulleys, Steeda timing adjuster, strut tower brace, Bullitt Fuel door, and more.
RickKi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 09:50 PM   #2
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

The "fake" bars mount right to the frames. I don't think you will find a roll bar because I don't think anyone wants to make the claim that they are actually a safety device. Liability issue.

If they were made of the right material, they would probably be a legit roll bar, but like I said, it is probably the lawyers that screw this up for us.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 06:37 AM   #3
stacy's stang
Registered Member

All I can find are styling bars too. I think Blake is right about the reluctance to claim liability. I'm still undecided if I want to get one or not. They look really cool with the top down but I wonder if they'd get in the way when trying to get in and out of the car. Anyone out there have one?
Old 03-19-2004, 09:07 AM   #4
RickKi1
Registered Member

Personally, I don't think the styling bars are worth a pile of beans, and they are about 400 bucks not even installed! Steeda has 4 point road racing roll bars on sale on an inventory clearance right now for convertables and coupes for like $259. Not bad looking and not a bad price at all, and these would definitely do you some good in a crash. They also have 4 point street bars, which are regular price a little bit more, like 270 something I think.
www.v8stangs.com tech/super moderator.......99 GT Convertable, Gold chrome, S.S. Bumper lettering, Chrome AFS Cobra Rs 03 Cobra IRS, MM mount bushings, C&L maf, true flow inlet, ported intake plenum by Alameda Racing, Mac 70mm tbody, UD pulleys, Steeda timing adjuster, strut tower brace, Bullitt Fuel door, and more.
RickKi1 is offline   Reply With Quote