MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-17-2004, 09:28 AM   #1
leeshe
Registered Member

Angry insurance guy won't fix!

I have a 1988 Mustang McLaren with 50,000 miles (all of which I drove). Last week it was hit (hard) in a parking lot from behind and pushed forward onto high curb and bounced back. Two body shop estimators say impact bars are hit, car looks like it's "heaving", driver's door has difficulty closing and (?) header below convertible latches has moved to the right about two inches and is now hitting the windshield! My problem is the insurance guy allowed the paint on the back but is REFUSING TO FIX. I'm barely able to keep this car on the road. He apparently pulled up the carpet in the trunk, then lifted the back panel (the inside area of where the back lights are) and found a "welding seam" that goes across the entire back, bottom of the trunk. He says it's been hit before and I'm ticked! I'm the little old lady who's driven this car since 1988 and I would know if it's been hit, repaired, whatever! Does any other McLaren owner have this welding seam? Was it done during the conversion since we don't have back seats? I would love to hand this jerk about 100 e-mails showing other McLaren's have this "welding seam"....Any info would be appreciated! Please e-mail me with any technical information if you think it would be helpful! THANKS... leeshe903@msn.com
leeshe is offline   Reply With Quote