MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-12-2004, 08:12 PM   #1
aar0s
Registered Member

Default what to use to clean a rag top

i just got my top put on today and was wondering what some of you guys use to clean them?
aar0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 10:32 PM   #2
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

A friend of mine in my Mustang club has a purple (sapphire blue) 96 Vert with a white top, it is snow white. She uses Gojo orange hand cleaner and a soft brush on it.

I was sceptical till I got a new top last year. I use my top all the time and it is already getting some dark places on it, so i tried it, and I was amazed, very little effort.

I always wash my car by hand, no car wash for me. I wash the top first with clean soapy water, usually zymol car wash or something like that, using a clean washcloth. That way you dont scrub anything into your top that came off the bottom of your car or wheels. Then I always dry it first with a clean towel. I only use the GOJO on spots the soapy water leaves behind.

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 11:45 PM   #3
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

I also try not to put my top down if the car is not clean. Who wants to show off a dirty car? Not only that, if there is something like bird crap on it it gets ground in when the top folds down and hard to wash off. Especially light colored tops, the tan one can look dirty really quickly, I envy my friends with black tops!

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 01:23 AM   #4
OnMy3rdStang
Registered Member

SUPER CLEAN!!!!!! and a soft brush and clean dry towel.
Spray some on, scrub it off and towel dry. I think they make a conditioner for convertible tops too.