MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-19-2003, 06:30 PM   #1
Roushette
Registered Member

Default Interior Mods - 2002 GT

I bought replacement door sills and buttons for the window and door lock controls. How do I remove the old sill without damaging the car? How do I remove the old buttons and put on the new ones?

Thanks for any help anyone can give !!!!!
Old 04-21-2003, 12:57 PM   #2
jj_jonathon
Trisket

im not sure exactly which door sill parts youre referring too...there are two pieces along the floor...ones a larger plain plastic piece that looks like a rectangle...if youre talking about that piece, you need to pull it up from the end closest to the rear and snap it out (it uses snap-clips to hold in place) ...just do it slowly and not on pressure points in the plastic to avoid bend crease marks....now if youre talking about that little black plastic thing that has a mustang on it and sits just to the outside of the rectangle piece i just mentioned....then you have to slowly pull it out....its attached with a glue-like substance and little plastic "clips" (i believe)...i know they dont go back on without re-gluing them though...so you have to be careful pulling them off, but they will come off without breaking!

now for the button...UPRproducts.com has instruction for replacing those...basically you take a screw driver or something like it and pop them out...but you have to be careful you dont scratch your door panel's plastic or break the button...id suggest a knife with foam around it or soemthing to that effect...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 12:59 PM   #3
Roushette
Registered Member

Thanks !!!! Always ask a Physics major !!!!!